Thread: Please help with my Victory List

Default Please help with my Victory List

I've been working on my list since July 5th last year and it's still to large to send to Victory but every time I try to cut or sub something the list just grows. My wife is going to kill me please help. What would you change or cut? Thank You for your help.

Shells

Excalibur
    Rambo Kids
    Maximum Exposure
    Double Lightning Shells
    Shotgun Shells
    Hammer Shells
    Bulk Lidu Shells w/tube
    Pro pac #8 60G

500 Gram Cakes

Baja Bomber
    Magnum Bravo
    Solar Flare
    Vegas Baby Vegas!
    Thirsty Thursday
    Openfire(Crossfire)
    Wicked Cool
    One Bad Mother
    Chopper

200 Gram Cakes

Pyro Alert
    300 Saturn Missile
    Coconut Tree
    Bling, Bling
    Master Mine
    Potent Palm
    Gold Brocade Bash
    City Crasher
    Motormouth
    Luck'o the Irish
    Buck Fever

Rockets

Dominator Rocket
    Aou Wow Artillery Rocket
    Smiling From Ear To Ear

Candles

Black Cat The Handful
    Pyro Paint Balls
    Killer Candle
    10 Ball Candle (High Quality)

Misc.

Airborne Troopers
    Shogun Snaps
    8000 Thunderbomb
    80-16 Black Cat
    If you see me run by......you better follow!

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierr...d?feature=mhee

Default Re: Please help with my Victory List

What are you going to do with all the shells is my first question.

Maximum Exposure and Hammer shells are fromthe same line of ball shells and share a few effects.

Coconut tree and potent palm aren't what they used to be. Then again none of them are now that they're not flash broken.
    If you need the effect get the one you like best.

What are you going to do with all the rockets?
    Last edited by Dewey; April 12th, 2008 at 12:41 PM.

Deweycoon,
    I have 3-30 shot racks and 2-15 shot racks and 1-10 shot rack and I think I'm going to build at least 2 more 30 shot racks plus we preload about 90 tubes to hand fire during the cakes. I dont use rockets for shows they are nice for a quick pyro fix. The video I have for potent palm and coconut tree are from
    http://fireworks.agprojects.net/victory/videoindex.php
    potent palm seems to be shot much closer to the camera than coconut tree and I cant tell how many cakes they are using in each one. But I will probably take your advice and get rid of one of them along with the Hammer shells. Thanks for your help. rambo.kid

My opinion, buy the gladiator shells instead of pro pac 8.
    You must like rockets, I don't purchase rockets or many candles.

I was wondering about the Gladiator shells I have heard rumors that they were Excal rewraps any truth to that? I love rockets and I have 3-70 candle fan racks.
    Last edited by rambo.kid; April 12th, 2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Forgot something

If you are trying to cut down your list, I agree on removing some rockets and candles. The smiley face rockets are cool, but do you really want a whole case of one effect? For candles if I got one of those it would be the Handful for the variety. Killer Candles look cool but to me if you want breaks you might as well just get some 200g cakes. Solar Flare is nice, but in the interest of saving money, I'd cut it as a 2/1 and maybe look for something else. City Crasher and Buck Fever are pretty similar, so I'd decide if you want crackle (CC) or not (BF) and pick one of them. I'd also cut the Excals with all those other cheaper shells, but most people won't listen to that suggestion.
    Acting President of Northwest Pyrotechnics Association: http://npaclub.org/
    New host for my blog: http://rpspyro.blogspot.com/

The smiley face rockets are one of the wife's favorites so no help there but your point on the killer candles makes sence and I will probably get rid of City Crasher.

I would definately keep the solar flare. This is one of my favorite cakes.

Isn't pyro alert a rewrap of crazy exiciting? If so either drop it or drop crazy exciting on steriods. I here a lot of good things about CE but not much good about steriods.

I'd also drop a case of shells. You mentioned 190 tubes if I counted correctly. Excals alone would take 144 (6 X 24) tubes.

Then take a look at the list. Did you end up with two cakes that do basically the same thing? If so then drop one of them. Also looks like you have a lot of crackers. Might want to ask yourself if you really need that many crackers.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

MEMBER PGI
    Charter Member PTPG Fargo, ND

www.brookings-black-powder-fireworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by rambo.kid View Post
    I was wondering about the Gladiator shells I have heard rumors that they were Excal rewraps any truth to that? I love rockets and I have 3-70 candle fan racks.
    No Gladiators are not Excal. rewraps. Glad. look like they have effects similar to Lock and Loads. I was inpressed, Gladiators have some nice color and effects.

Quote Originally Posted by stuntborg View Post
    I would definately keep the solar flare. This is one of my favorite cakes.

Isn't pyro alert a rewrap of crazy exiciting? If so either drop it or drop crazy exciting on steriods. I here a lot of good things about CE but not much good about steriods.

I'd also drop a case of shells. You mentioned 190 tubes if I counted correctly. Excals alone would take 144 (6 X 24) tubes.

Then take a look at the list. Did you end up with two cakes that do basically the same thing? If so then drop one of them. Also looks like you have a lot of crackers. Might want to ask yourself if you really need that many crackers.
    I have'nt seen Solar Flare in person but I sure liked the video of it.

I've been working on my list since July 5th last year and it's still to large to send to Victory but every time I try to cut or sub something the list just grows. My wife is going to kill me please help. What would you change or cut? Thank You for your help.

Shells

Excalibur
    Rambo Kids
    Maximum Exposure
    Double Lightning Shells
    Shotgun Shells
    Hammer Shells
    Bulk Lidu Shells w/tube
    Pro pac #8 60G

500 Gram Cakes

Baja Bomber
    Magnum Bravo
    Solar Flare
    Vegas Baby Vegas!
    Thirsty Thursday
    Openfire(Crossfire)
    Wicked Cool
    One Bad Mother
    Chopper

200 Gram Cakes

Pyro Alert
    300 Saturn Missile
    Coconut Tree
    Bling, Bling
    Master Mine
    Potent Palm
    Gold Brocade Bash
    City Crasher
    Motormouth
    Luck'o the Irish
    Buck Fever

Rockets

Dominator Rocket
    Aou Wow Artillery Rocket
    Smiling From Ear To Ear

Candles

Black Cat The Handful
    Pyro Paint Balls
    Killer Candle

Misc.

Airborne Troopers
    Shogun Snaps
    8000 Thunderbomb
    80-16 Black Cat

my opinion
    Pyk Bulks seem watered this year. Dump The PP8 60G - If you REALY have to have Cans replace this with another case of excals or Gladiators.

Chopper and Vegas baby are almost Identical Cake - Vegas baby has tails and a bit smaller break. Since Vegas babys price is simplty rediculas for a 12 shot 500G i would Dump it and take Chopper Or Jubilee(Jubilee is a 12 Shot 500G - again almost identical to Vegas and chopper but its like 10 bucks a case cheaper than Vegas)

City Crash and Buck Fever are the same - City has dragon tails on the way up and buck does not(I think City might be 5 shot finale and buck is 10 shot finale)???? Regardless, the break on both are the Same.

Get the bargain Snaps over the shogun. I sell the Bargain snaps. Good quality and i can probably bet they are cheaper than the shogun.

If you HAVE to have reockets you picked the Only two worth Buying - Good job there.
    Killers candles are REALLY spendy for the amount you get - I would probably get hot and wild or Crazy Aces - thats my opinion.

Replace One Bad Mother with the Big Package(unless you HAVE to have the Crackle). The bIG PACKAGE
    Light er Up!

Shells

Excalibur
    Rambo Kids
    Maximum Exposure
    Double Lightning Shells
    Shotgun Shells
    Hammer Shells
    Bulk Lidu Shells w/tube
    Pro pac #8 60G

500 Gram Cakes

Baja Bomber
    Magnum Bravo
    Solar Flare
    Vegas Baby Vegas!
    Thirsty Thursday
    Openfire(Crossfire)
    Wicked Cool
    One Bad Mother
    Chopper

200 Gram Cakes

Pyro Alert
    300 Saturn Missile
    Coconut Tree
    Bling, Bling
    Master Mine
    Potent Palm
    Gold Brocade Bash
    City Crasher
    Motormouth
    Luck'o the Irish
    Buck Fever

Rockets

Dominator Rocket
    Aou Wow Artillery Rocket
    Smiling From Ear To Ear

Candles

Black Cat The Handful
    Pyro Paint Balls
    Killer Candle

Misc.

Airborne Troopers
    Shogun Snaps
    8000 Thunderbomb
    80-16 Black Cat

my opinion
    Pyk Bulks seem watered this year. Dump The PP8 60G - If you REALY have to have Cans replace this with another case of excals or Gladiators. I did shot Gladiators and they are REALLY NICE - they actually scored higher then the PYK 60G cans in last weeks "test" and cost a LOT less.

Chopper and Vegas baby are almost Identical Cake - Vegas baby has tails and a bit smaller break. Since Vegas babys price is simply rediculas for a 12 shot 500G i would Dump it and take Chopper Or Jubilee(Jubilee is a 12 Shot 500G - again almost identical to Vegas and chopper but its like 10 bucks a case cheaper than Vegas)

City Crash and Buck Fever are the same - City has dragon tails on the way up and buck does not(I think City might be 5 shot finale and buck is 10 shot finale)???? Regardless, the break on both are the Same.

Get the bargain Snaps over the shogun. I sell the Bargain snaps. Good quality and i can probably bet they are cheaper than the shogun.

If you HAVE to have reockets you picked the Only two worth Buying - Good job there.
    Killers candles are REALLY spendy for the amount you get - I would probably get hot and wild or Crazy Aces - thats my opinion.

Replace One Bad Mother with the Big Package(unless you HAVE to have the Crackle). The Big Package breaks are probably Double the size of one bad mother(Big pagkage 12 shot, 1 bad mother 16 shots WITH Crackel) When I say Big, I Mean BIG. Probably the best Willow type 500G cake in terms of Break Size and price out there. it blows away the pyro king version(cant remember what its called - maybe brocade and willow)????? Some people say its the same but trust me, its NOT the Same. The Big Pakkage is simply Amazing.
    I personally think the crackel in One bad moth ruins the willow effect.
    Again, my opinion.

Good Luck.
    Light er Up!

Quote Originally Posted by boomer12 View Post
    my opinion
    Pyk Bulks seem watered this year. Dump The PP8 60G - If you REALY have to have Cans replace this with another case of excals or Gladiators. I did shot Gladiators and they are REALLY NICE - they actually scored higher then the PYK 60G cans in last weeks "test" and cost a LOT less.

Chopper and Vegas baby are almost Identical Cake - Vegas baby has tails and a bit smaller break. Since Vegas babys price is simply rediculas for a 12 shot 500G i would Dump it and take Chopper Or Jubilee(Jubilee is a 12 Shot 500G - again almost identical to Vegas and chopper but its like 10 bucks a case cheaper than Vegas)

Replace One Bad Mother with the Big Package(unless you HAVE to have the Crackle). The Big Package breaks are probably Double the size of one bad mother(Big pagkage 12 shot, 1 bad mother 16 shots WITH Crackel) When I say Big, I Mean BIG. Probably the best Willow type 500G cake in terms of Break Size and price out there. it blows away the pyro king version(cant remember what its called - maybe brocade and willow)????? Some people say its the same but trust me, its NOT the Same. The Big Pakkage is simply Amazing.
    I personally think the crackel in One bad moth ruins the willow effect.
    Again, my opinion.

Good Luck.
    Thanks for your help,
    I hate to do it but I'm going to sub PP8 for Gladiator I was really looking forward to PP8 but haven't heard good things about this year. Vegas baby Vegas is out for Chopper and City Crasher is also out also.

I will get the Bargain snaps because they always end up on the garage floor unsnapped anyway and pop when I walk on them till I sweep them up.

I am leaning towards Big Package from everything I've heard.

Thanks to everyone for all their help I have trimmed several hundred dollars off my list, maybe if I'm a good boy for a few days I can show My wife my list and she won't.... I'll still have to trim more but now it won't be as bad.

Shells

Excalibur
    Rambo Kids
    Maximum Exposure
    Double Lightning Shells
    Shotgun Shells
    Hammer Shells
    Bulk Lidu Shells w/tube
    Pro pac #8 60G

500 Gram Cakes

Baja Bomber
    Magnum Bravo
    Solar Flare
    Vegas Baby Vegas!
    Thirsty Thursday
    Openfire(Crossfire)
    Wicked Cool
    One Bad Mother
    Chopper

200 Gram Cakes

Pyro Alert
    300 Saturn Missile
    Coconut Tree
    Bling, Bling
    Master Mine
    Potent Palm
    Gold Brocade Bash
    City Crasher
    Motormouth
    Luck'o the Irish
    Buck Fever

Rockets

Dominator Rocket
    Aou Wow Artillery Rocket
    Smiling From Ear To Ear

Candles

Black Cat The Handful
    Pyro Paint Balls
    Killer Candle

Misc.

Airborne Troopers
    Shogun Snaps
    8000 Thunderbomb
    80-16 Black Cat

I would say just get it all!! but hey thats me..depends on the $ amount you want to be at.
    I would start by cutting the pp8's and the lidu bulk shells that's about 190.00 and wow! I know magnum bravo is a great cake and one I will miss at 70.00 per case. thats 250.00 cut and wont hurt to much.
    you have a problem but at least its a good one.
    best of luck.