Thread: FireOne Firing Modules

Member Array

Default FireOne Firing Modules

Does anyone know if someone other than FireOne makes firing modules that are compatable with FireOne systems? I think $725 is quite steep for one module to run one slat. Thanks!
    Bixler Pyrotechnics, Inc
    www.bixlerpyrotechnics.com
    BATFE Type 20/51 Permitted
    Member Pennsylvania Pyrotechnic Artists
    Member Crackerjacks
    Member PGI
    PGI Certified
    Hazmat Endorsed

Default Re: FireOne Firing Modules

there are things like this that will convert from fireone to there system but it will probablly end up costing you about the same in the end

Quote Originally Posted by dovaka View Post
    there are things like this that will convert from fireone to there system but it will probablly end up costing you about the same in the end
    This is only for the use of Magic Fire. Magic Fire manufactures computerized chips that replace the traditional time fuses in aerial shells.

He's looking for a manufacturer that makes unofficial Fire One moduals for cheap.

I feel your pain, I know there were two companies that made FM3's for PyroDigital but they are no longer in business, I knew that wasn't going to last long.
    Last edited by jrpyro; February 19th, 2008 at 05:51 PM.

i know it converts to the magic fire system i said that in the post
    even if you find someone that makes after market modules they will probably cost close to the same
    do you have a fireone system now or are you just looking to get one

Pyromaster sells modules for the FireOne System. I am not sure of the price though.

PyroMaster Digital Solutions
    Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fire-Case-Stainlless-Steel-.jpg 
Views:	743 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	3113   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unimodule%20black.jpg 
Views:	737 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	3114  
    Last edited by pyrocare; February 20th, 2008 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Link Didn't work

Pyromaster has modules from FireOne. They make different slat items to go with the OEM modules.
    You can rent the equipment from Pyromaster, which is handy for folks who only need more than a basic system once or twice a year.
    'Life should end at the grave skidding in sideways - A salute in one hand - Lit match in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'What a Ride!'

Member Array

Ace Pyro has rails for cheap
    http://orders.acepyro.com/?cmd=equipment
    just rails no modules.
    Stephen
    The Woodlands, Texas

How do I get a hold of them because I am looking to make unofficial Fire One moduals for cheap but I need help
    Quote Originally Posted by jrpyro View Post
    This is only for the use of Magic Fire. Magic Fire manufactures computerized chips that replace the traditional time fuses in aerial shells.

He's looking for a manufacturer that makes unofficial Fire One moduals for cheap.

I feel your pain, I know there were two companies that made FM3's for PyroDigital but they are no longer in business, I knew that wasn't going to last long.

Here is one pic of our system which is similar to fireone,but not compatible with F1 system due to different software core and communication protocol. More pictures i can put later if you guys have interests.Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modules-s.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	9519  

Quote Originally Posted by illawarrafireworks View Post
    How do I get a hold of them because I am looking to make unofficial Fire One moduals for cheap but I need help
    I think you are out of luck on this....As I understand it (And I have been pretty involved with the folks at F1 since the beginning). Much of the communication protocol as well as some of the actual programming is proprietery.
    This is not something to be easily reverse engineered (by design) and would likely cost you as much to figure out as to buy the real thing. There are also a number of fail safe and safety features that may not be apperent on a crude analysis of the system operation and hardware.

GK
    Carpe Noctem

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by CnPyromusical View Post
    Here is one pic of our system which is similar to fireone,but not compatible with F1 system due to different software core and communication protocol. More pictures i can put later if you guys have interests.Thanks
    Please do show us some more pictures of the system

Member Array

With all the features built and programmed into the fireone system, and all the firmware compatibility issues that brings with upgrades, trying to reverse engineer the system is unlikely to be cheaply successful. Keeping all components forward and backward compatible has been a challenge for Fireone, so it's unlikely that you could achieve perfect compatibility.

If you cannot (will not!) afford Fireone then get something cheaper.

The big problem with firing controllers is the small market size. Everyone wants a cheap system then a better one, then a bigger one. but world wide there are very few systems compared with TVs or DVDs. This means that the development costs have to be divided between very few production units.

You only have to look through JoeRatman's posts to see that there are so many choices of system and that some suit different people and purposes.

Holatron Systems, LLC

10000FO 32 Shot Spread-spectrum Receiver with Output Connector for FireOne Slat, 12V, 5 amp Outputs, no "PyroClips"
    (Add $75 for optional 24V, 5 amp Outputs)
    $710.00

PyroNWI
    Distributor
    Holatron Systems, LLC

www.HolatronFiringSystems.com

Post em up, you've got interest... Pics and specs would be nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CnPyromusical View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PyroNWI View Post
    Holatron Systems, LLC

10000FO 32 Shot Spread-spectrum Receiver with Output Connector for FireOne Slat, 12V, 5 amp Outputs, no "PyroClips"
    (Add $75 for optional 24V, 5 amp Outputs)
    $710.00

PyroNWI
    Holotron does a good job with their systems.....Lots of SFX guys swear by them.

So is this a sustitute for a FireOne 2 wire module or a FireOne wireless module?

GK
    Carpe Noctem

Member Array

I would not call it a substitute, i would call it a different option.

I think it is just a Holatron Module that USES a Fireone compatible slat as its output.

Quote Originally Posted by nepyro View Post
    I think it is just a Holatron Module that USES a Fireone compatible slat as its output.
    OK got it.....

I thought it might have been a Holatron module that would work with the FireOne system......

I could see that someone could figure out FireOne's wireless communication and make a module that would operate with that system.

GK
    Carpe Noctem