Thread: brothers 2008 new products videos?

Default brothers 2008 new products videos?

any new videos for brothers 2008 products? i checked the brothers website and something seems screwed up. cant get videos to play.any other sources out there?

Default Re: brothers 2008 new products videos?

Leeca has them posted here but he has them in an Album so if you browse under Demos you won't find them>>>> http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2...ry.php?cat=648

thanx

BP2200 King Maker looks good -- anything similar that you have seen?

Quote Originally Posted by apopple View Post

I haven't seen ANY of it yet. I'm jonezin for demo season

Quote Originally Posted by Tennespeedy View Post
    I haven't seen ANY of it yet. I'm jonezin for demo season
    I guess I meant based on the video

I guess I meant based on the video
    Knowing Brothers, I suspect the actual items will be almost the same.

Fresh Fire is similar but not as good as far as I can see. I don't know of any cakes with that many scrambling comets either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennespeedy View Post
    Leeca has them posted here but he has them in an Album so if you browse under Demos you won't find them>>>> http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2...ry.php?cat=648
    I sent Colin a PM requesting they be moved over with the others when he gets a chance.
    APWC/ NPA/ WPA
    Tech copies: Fool me once shame on you... Fool me twice shame on me!

I'm liking this one a lot also. But at $60 for a case of two is a bit steep. Not sure if it is worth that much. Don't know if I will be getting it. Oh who am I kidding, sure I'll pick up one case to try out but it will sting a little.
    John 3:16
    John 14:6

In God We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by leeca View Post
    I sent Colin a PM requesting they be moved over with the others when he gets a chance.
    I know it would take some time Leeca but you can move them yourself buy clicking on "edit photo" and changing the "category" to Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by smoke balls View Post
    I'm liking this one a lot also. But at $60 for a case of two is a bit steep. Not sure if it is worth that much. Don't know if I will be getting it. Oh who am I kidding, sure I'll pick up one case to try out but it will sting a little.
    60? WAAAAAAAA????

Actually the price is $59 I just rounded it up. Didn't mean to freak you out Speedy. That is the price in my list I received a few days ago. I don't believe it's a type-o because they have Bros. Big V 12shot at $59. Also Mega Banger Attitude Adjustment 12 shot packed 2/1 at $54

The way things are headed what's going to become of us?

I just checked the Spirit of '76 web site, they have King Maker listed at $78.57 (silver list I think). Now that is rediculous.
    Last edited by smoke bomb; February 2nd, 2008 at 12:32 AM.
    John 3:16
    John 14:6

In God We Trust

Actually the price is $59 I just rounded it up. Didn't mean to freak you out Speedy. That is the price in my list I received a few days ago. I don't believe it's a type-o because they have Bros. Big V 12shot at $59. Also Mega Banger Attitude Adjustment 12 shot packed 2/1 at $54

I just checked the Spirit of '76 web site, they have King Maker listed at $78.57 (silver list I think). Now that is rediculous.
    Stock up before it gets worse. As bad as the prices seem now, we might be looking back at THESE prices more fondly a year from now.

I can't believe the '08 Bro's products are that much better in performance than what they made last year (even though the video's look great). The price on the '08 line seems overly agressive. Not to mention the price on ONE TEN cake is in the $45 neighborhood (yes, that's each and yes, that's wholesale). Ridiculous. I'd rather get a case of Quake for 10 more bucks. TEN can't be that much better!

I guess what we need is for someone to do a side by side of Quake vs TEN....hint hint

In general, are prices on "the new cakes" usually this much higher at first release and then gradually decrease over a couple year period?

Moo
    These are not the droids you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Deweycoon View Post
    I know it would take some time Leeca but you can move them yourself buy clicking on "edit photo" and changing the "category" to Brothers.
    I did not realise that.. What a hassle but I moved them over.
    APWC/ NPA/ WPA
    Tech copies: Fool me once shame on you... Fool me twice shame on me!

Take up some sort of RC hobby I guess and shoot a few items in the backyard on the Holidays. It won't be fireworks anymore I can assure you. These companies are pricing themselves out of the market and killing the business. I can always choose something else to do with my time. Believe me, the wheels are always churnin

Quote Originally Posted by Moodog View Post
    I can't believe the '08 Bro's products are that much better in performance than what they made last year (even though the video's look great). The price on the '08 line seems overly agressive.

Yeah Moo... I think Brothers' got ahead of the pack on pricing. I think the only means we have for impacting pricing is to simply refuse to buy items that are excessively overprice when compared to other reasonably comparable product lines. I think when sales are poor on their overly expensive stuff they might attempt to stay with the pack a little more. There is no doubt Brothers is a premium brand. I would love to try some of the new stuff but there is no way I will buy them.

Well I think we will need to combine forces. It may take two or three people to do the same show. Chin up smoke balls. It's amazing what can be done when a bunch of people share the cost. Personally I think it would be fun to do get more PyroU people together for the 4th and New Years anyway.
    Last edited by missinglink; February 2nd, 2008 at 12:16 PM.

I can't believe the '08 Bro's products are that much better in performance than what they made last year (even though the video's look great). The price on the '08 line seems overly agressive. Not to mention the price on ONE TEN cake is in the $45 neighborhood (yes, that's each and yes, that's wholesale). Ridiculous. I'd rather get a case of Quake for 10 more bucks. TEN can't be that much better!

I guess what we need is for someone to do a side by side of Quake vs TEN....hint hint

In general, are prices on "the new cakes" usually this much higher at first release and then gradually decrease over a couple year period?

Moo
    At that pricing level my interest is ..............................

Lots of new Brothers videos have been posted on PyroReview, thanks to sifodyas505:

http://www.pyroreview.com/gallery/sh...ry.php/cat/507
    Acting President of Northwest Pyrotechnics Association: http://npaclub.org/
    New host for my blog: http://rpspyro.blogspot.com/

That could have been true before these recent times when the FED is printing their "reserve notes" like crazy and raising prices for everyone and everything. We have seen in order of 10% inflation if they actually used the old method of calculation with the money supply....I don't think it is going to "reverse course" anytime soon....our monetary policy is about ready to totally go up in flames.

so instead of thinking in terms of "numbers" you have to think in terms of comparative "value"....Gas will be $5 a gallon and milk about the same....so a good cake should be _______?????

Brothers cakes compared to other brands when priced MORE will be passed over....that has to be a good thing for their competitors in China.