Thread: Johnny Lemas.......

Default Johnny Lemas.......

Hey all, I've decided to shop at Johnny Lemas most likely for the 4th. This will be my first time going wholesale and I will have $200 to spend. So my question is, what are the best 200g and 500g cakes from there? Also, what kind of assortments are there? When I go I will ask for the infamous Brad for help, but I want to get an idea of what I'm buying.

Awesome Pyro Guy Array Big No No's Avatar

Default Re: Johnny Lemas.......

For 200g's Hanging Out, One Two Punch, Freak Show, Seek and Destroy, Command Post and Call of the Universe just to name a few. 500g's Pow Bam, Loose Cannons, In Your Face, Winner Takes All and Gold Diggen Blonde are some of my fav's. The Four Tons of Fun asst is four different 500g cakes I really like.
    Bitch I'm Fabulous

If your going to buy from Johnny Lemas, you should take a look at Chris69's videos from Lemas in the members gallery.

http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2...user=1886&sl=c

Great job Chris,
    Rudy

Member of H.P.A.
    Member in good standing of Double D's PPP club

I'm buying a case of Loose Cannon (500g) next year for sure. The fast and the furious was a nice z-cake from what I remember, Unfortunately my buddy has the notes from when we shot them.

RipSUp

Also add "Good to the Last Shot", "High and Mighty", "Fantastic 5".

I would add Illegal as Hell, and my audiences' favorite was Atomic Funk.

I stopped in spur of the moment at Johnny Lema’s 2 months ago driving back from GE Aviation Cincinatti with my program manager and a colleague. I was looking for Excals to augment a couple of boxes of leftovers from the 4th. They advertised BOGO. They didn’t carry the Excals but the woman at the counter was saying the Lock and Loads were just as good. (Both the Excals and Lock and Loads are packaged 24 shells per box) Of course the Lock And Loads didn’t qualify for the BOGO. At 60 a box. I was about to leave and I asked “By the way… do Pyro U members get a discount?” Right away she telephoned Brad general Manager and he ended up giving me great prices. I walked around the store with the phone and he told me what he recommended and the prices. Which were great. I spent about 200. My Program Manager was mystified how this all happened. Here is most? of what I bought for that amount. Mainly United Pyro products.
    In Your Face. Lock and Load (2 boxes) Freak Show, POW BAM, Terminal Velocity. Close Combat ,Ferocious Thunder, Winner Take All, Good to The Last Shot, Blue Line Bullies, 2 Super Stock Car cakes, and a whole bunch of boxes of Festival Balls.
    Oh and a Seek And Destroy – a Z-Cake that really surprised me when I lit it. I forgot it was a Z- Cake. Quite fun. Overall the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. And mentioning Pyro U – I was able to get wholesale price with no minimum. I would return there in a heartbeat. This turned out to be a great shopping experience. Will return there soon.
    Georgie-Tiger.

Thanks RudyG !
    I will be adding more vids, someday here. It has been real busy here. We have a German exchange student here, and halloween to prep for.
    Rock On!
    Oh make sure to ask for brad, He knows his product! Make sure to check out the video from the Kruse Auto Auction 3/4's of the show is all consumer from Lemas.
    Rock On Again!!
    Last edited by chris69; October 23rd, 2007 at 09:04 PM.
    Coming Soon From A Store Called "Q" Its the New "Rocket Cake"
    I am but one man with a van full of PyroPleasure....
    Come Brethren Fire it up with me!!
    http://www.tscontrolsonline.com/

You sure that the show was all consumer cause when I talked to Brad he made it sound like there was a good portion of b-cakes and some display shells.

You can find my post in another Lemas thread saying about the exact same thing as Georgie-Tiger.

Member Array

For Assortment Packs check out Pyro Solution for 200gr

If you want a 500gr asst. check out Tons of Fun . Its 4 different cakes
    that you can fuse together and make a nice 2 1/2 minute show.

I bought the pyro solution asst. this year and got video of all the cakes except three I think (party time, ritzy glitzy blue and thunderstorm). Check out my gallery for them. FYI they were all excellent cakes my favorite was freak show(quick but intense) and hanging out (gold willows with diff. colored tips)

HTH,
    Robert
    Proud to be a Pyro...

My pics from the 2007 PGI convention:http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r...ention%202007/

Whoops, I lost control of my fingers. I have small communication errors somewhere between my brain & the ole fingers! i meant 15/16ths.it is alot of 1.4, We Pyro-U members helped load, Fuse, & wire alot of it. No the whole show was not consumer, but a better portion of it is. when you watch it, you should ( unless you haven't been around Pyro long ) be able to tell what is 1.4 & 1.3. there is a very distinct difference. I will say their (Johnny Lemas) products are very good.
    Coming Soon From A Store Called "Q" Its the New "Rocket Cake"
    I am but one man with a van full of PyroPleasure....
    Come Brethren Fire it up with me!!
    http://www.tscontrolsonline.com/

I'll definitely have to give the show a look then, haven't had a chance yet and wasn't making it a priority cause teh way Brad made it sound when talking to him was that it was mostly 1.3 with a mix of 1.4 not mostly 1.4. I may have some questions then about what was shot at certain times later when I find things I know I like in it

What are the prices of these assortments? (just for one at the PyroU wholesale price)

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFireoworks View Post
    What are the prices of these assortments? (just for one at the PyroU wholesale price)
    Build your own assortment. Brad lets us buy single items of the shelf at wholesale case price. Where else can you build an assortment with exactly every piece you want? No filler junk. Just do your research.

What products do they sell. I know they sell the full line of United Pyro?

They had some of the Brothers products. I don't remember which ones.
    I think they had two of the big 16-shot 200-gram cakes like Super Stock Car. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    Rudy

Member of H.P.A.
    Member in good standing of Double D's PPP club

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFireoworks View Post
    What products do they sell. I know they sell the full line of United Pyro?
    The best advice I can give you is go there and tell Brad how much you have to spend and what kind of stuff you are looking for and let him do the rest. You won't be dissapointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by RipSUp
    I'll definitely have to give the show a look then, haven't had a chance yet and wasn't making it a priority cause teh way Brad made it sound when talking to him was that it was mostly 1.3 with a mix of 1.4 not mostly 1.4. I may have some questions then about what was shot at certain times later when I find things I know I like in it
    Most of the show was 1.4g 500g cakes ( a couple of hundred) and a couple of hundred shells with some baby B cakes thrown in. The end of the show was 1.3g, some bigger B cakes and shells from 3-6 inches. It was a lot of work and Chris69, Nitroman and Bigbang really helped to pull it off....Thanks guys. We handled a lot of the fusing and another crew handled the 1.3g stuff.
    Bitch I'm Fabulous

Another question...is Johnny Lema's wholesale about the same for BigWholesale. I.E. rewraps, similiar items, same items...

I decided to stop in at JL just to check things out upon recomendation from Big NO NO and all I can say is that Brad diffently took care of me. I will diffently be stopping back now and then until the 4th to be able to pick a few things up to help with the urge for flammage! He seems to be pretty down to earth and in it for the same reason's we are, for the obsession of pyro.
    I am an artist of FIRE the BLACK sky is my canvas lets paint it with COLOR JRALLEN13

"True Pyros" are setting the sky on fire and blowing a hole in that son of a bitch when were done. JRALLEN13

Quote Originally Posted by jrallen13 View Post
    I decided to stop in at JL just to check things out upon recomendation from Big NO NO and all I can say is that Brad diffently took care of me. I will diffently be stopping back now and then until the 4th to be able to pick a few things up to help with the urge for flammage! He seems to be pretty down to earth and in it for the same reason's we are, for the obsession of pyro.
    Brad is definately good to the members of this site. I can't wait to see the new stuff for 2008. Looking forward to doing a group buy in the spring. Allways good to get together with other people from this site.
    Bitch I'm Fabulous

I stoped at johnny lemas on tuesday and with brads help i picked up some great priced fireworks. I just wanted to say thanks to brad and his staff for the excellent service.

I wouldy like to see a price list from JL it makes it alot easier to know how much stuff is before I go so I can figure out what I want. Other wise we are taking up alot of Brads time going well how much is this ok, how much is this, when he could be selling to retail guys paying alot more than us where he is making the real money. I just feel bad taking up his time with dumb questions like that. He even mentioned last time I was in that he has to be able to spend more time with a retail guy than a person who is paying much less for stuff which I agree 100% that is where he is going to make his money from I would do the same thing.
    I am an artist of FIRE the BLACK sky is my canvas lets paint it with COLOR JRALLEN13

"True Pyros" are setting the sky on fire and blowing a hole in that son of a bitch when were done. JRALLEN13

I am enjoying the selection that you get from Johnny Lemas and Brad is very helpful. Thank you RudyG for the link to Chris' post with all of the videos.

Hey fire if you look at jl's site it has been updated and their is alot of new stuff on there from brothers and U.P. all or most with videos. Brad is one hell of a guy he has always taken care of me whether I have just walked in to pick up a few things or to fill my truck full. Everyday more and more of my budget is starting to lean toward JL's. You cannot get a better variety of stuff since brad allows us to buy singles at wholesale. All in all it is one hell of a marketing strategy considering no one else that I know of allows us to do it. If you get a chance i would diffently suggest attending a group buy it was an excellent time.