Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 25 Shot 200g cakes are great!

Default 25 Shot 200g cakes are great!

Nothing beats a 25 shot 200g cake. There cheap,and they give such a good show cuz you can run so many diffrent arrangements in the fire pattern. You also keep the breaks to a decent size as well.

Wild West comes to mind cuz you get those 5 shots of five.
    Beyond it all,Magnificent Festival,Great Navel Battle,Killer Alligator give you 15 shots to a Quickend 10 finale. Inferno,Touchdown Tennessee i think gives you 20 shots to a quickend 5 shots. Or, a great single effect you get from Night Magic or Battle of colors.
    Many others out there of course. I also now use them for about 2/3rds of my finales. The value that comes with these cakes to me offers the best in Class C Aerials.

Default Re: 25 Shot 200g cakes are great!

I've always been a big fan of 200g cakes in general and think they don't get enough attention here. It seems a lot of people think if you are a serious pyro you only use 500g, but there are so many good 200g, with great effects and nice breaks that it is a shame to ignore them. They are a lot cheaper too! The 200g cake board contests we've been doing at the WA group shoots have been a great way to see what can be done with 200g, and it can be very impressive.

Lately I've been gravitating more towards 16 shot over 25, but Wild West is one of my favorite 200g cakes.
    Acting President of Northwest Pyrotechnics Association: http://npaclub.org/
    New host for my blog: http://rpspyro.blogspot.com/

One of the best 25-shot 200-gram cakes is Falcon Rising. For some reason Brothers decided to turn it into a 16-shot cake. Luckily I can still get it's 25-shot rewrap with Victory's City Crasher. I shot Wild West, City Crasher, and Command Post this past fourth. All are very good 25-shot cakes.
    Rudy

Member of H.P.A.
    Member in good standing of Double D's PPP club

The 200g cakes that I have come to love are Matrix Pyro, Crazy Exciting, Red,White and Blue Salute and Motor Mouth.
    These will always be a part of my shows......

SSW was always there, until this year......
    If you see me running, try to keep up!!

Member-N.F.A.P.G.I.
    http://en.freakpyromaniacs.com/forum
    http://www.maff.ws/

I agree, I am actually starting to lean more towards quality 200 gram cakes than the 500 gram cakes. I have been disappointed with the performance of some of the 500 gram cakes and very impressed with some of the 200 gram cakes.

There's some really nice 200g cakes by Brothers and Pyro King that come 24 to a case. Great value. These can be an excellent base for a show, just add a few complimentary larger cakes, and it looks gorgeous and is still pretty affordable.

Here's the ones I'm talking about:
    Brothers:
    Welder
    Grand Canyon
    Super Stallion
    Daffodil
    Martin Bomber

PK:
    Wild Stallion
    Midnight Bonfire
    Cosmic Raider
    Light 'er Up
    Done Deal

From what I've seen, these are the best value for the buck. Perfect as filler cakes.

WC The Virus is by far my favorite 200g cake!! I do agree with this post! There is soo much potential with 200g stuff!!
    PGI Member
    "He who hath once smelt the smoke is ne'er again Free" AFN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvH7ySQi37E

A few of my fav 25 shoters are Jungle Cat, Crackle Mania, Rodeo West and Beyond the Century. I even still like the old 25 shot Purple Chrysanthemum!

PYK's Super Crackling Rainbow is a great deal in a small package too.
    "If it's too loud, you're too old!"

I love fireworks.
    Mom: "What happens if you trip and fall after you light it...what then?"
    Me: "I die...smiling."

Need a rocket rack/launcher?

On the contrary, I prefer 500G because of the significant quality improvements made over the last 2 seasons. Personally, I would rather not stock up on a large amount of different 200G items unless you just want to see a bunch of messy hit-or-miss splatter all over the sky. Of course the specialty things like Atom Splitter, Wild Bear and a couple others are always on the list, but 200G will never occupy more than 20% of my stash.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Tennespeedy View Post
    On the contrary, I prefer 500G because of the significant quality improvements made over the last 2 seasons. Personally, I would rather not stock up on a large amount of different 200G items unless you just want to see a bunch of messy hit-or-miss splatter all over the sky. Of course the specialty things like Atom Splitter, Wild Bear and a couple others are always on the list, but 200G will never occupy more than 20% of my stash.
    i'm more of a 500 gram guy too.. the effects and boom seem better, but i do buy the bigger 40+ shot 200 gram ones.

I'm also a 500g guy.
    When i do my 4th show, it's 90% 500g. The large cakes have made HUGE improvements over the past several years, Hicktown Heaven? The 200g stuff has lagged behind. But for the price of most 25 shot/200g items, and that they mostly come 12 to a case or more. There are so many possibilities that go with them. you can throw 8 in a finale, and still have four to test.

200g's are cool, but I tend to judge my purchase based on tube diameter, less shots of bigger tubes are the ones I like.

although there are some very nice 16-25 shots
    Be aware of the ramifications of the potential outcome !
    MEMBER NLPC

I use both 200G and 500G in my shows. There's some deccent single effects 200G cakes out there. I fill my show with about 30% of 200G cakes. But I still think the 500G cakes are the way to go. The quality of the biggger cakes keeps on improving and I want my shows to have those big breaks in there that you can't get out of a 200G cake.
    MoPyro Member
    PGI Member
    Check it out www.stlshoot.com
    All The Right Stuff
    www.getwinda.com

I also love fireworks.

This is why its great that there are a thousand options out there for us.

If you love 200gm, you have good options. If you love 500gm you have good options. You get more bang for your buck with 200's and more or less you get a bigger bang for your buck with 500's.

It's a win - win, baby!!

Oh, and by the way, I also love fireworks.
    These are not the droids you're looking for.

200 grammers are the back bone of my shows. several not mentined are bump bear, emerald city, treasure trove and super steed all really nice smaller cakes. The last too I picked up at patriotics clearence sale this year and I couldn't be more pleased with their performance ! T

We have been taking a lot of 200 gram cakes and taping 4 together and quickmatching them so the all go off at once. They look really good since there is always something going off.

We have done this 3 times and each of the times we will have three pods spread apart between 50 and 100 feet. So we end up using a full case. It is a very impressive effect and very inexpensive.

25shot 200g are pretty nice, the last one that I bought was KA25 from Bigfireworks which was pretty sweet, but kind of expensive.

Another trend that i'm moving more towards is 12shot 500g's vs 9shots. Just because you get way more for your money. More shots and more packed to a case is a win win.

I'm kinda partial to the 19 shot cakes like coconut grove song but I'm still pretty new to the whole thing.

Yeah the KA25 are probley the most expensive 200 gram on the market. I have only seen the video for them not in person but man they dont look worth the money they want for them
    I am an artist of FIRE the BLACK sky is my canvas lets paint it with COLOR JRALLEN13

"True Pyros" are setting the sky on fire and blowing a hole in that son of a bitch when were done. JRALLEN13

I took 4 Rain O' Fires from last years stash and taped them together with quickmatch and listened to my audience go nuts over the sights and sounds.....200g do serve a purpose but, yes, 500g cakes are by far the bulk of my shows also.
    If you see me running, try to keep up!!

Member-N.F.A.P.G.I.
    http://en.freakpyromaniacs.com/forum
    http://www.maff.ws/

Gosh, what did all you guys do before 500 Gr. was invented?
    200 gr. was the only thing then!
    Joyce
    www.kneppysfireworks.com
    "Fireworks isn't just for July 4th anymore!"
    Member NFA, PaPyro Artists, WNYPA, Pa. Pyrotechnics Assoc., NLPC, NEOPG, PGI Cert.

There is definitely something to be said for 25-shot, 200gr cakes. Obviously, some are better than others, but there are some very impressive cakes already listed in some of the above posts. I probably like more of the lesser shot-count 200 grammers because of their typically larger breaks, but I have a hefty respect for many of the 25-shot ď power housesĒ also.

My 4th show was just over 26 minutes. The first 7-1/2 minutes were composed of nothing but 200 grammers. I donít always take that approach, but I did this year, and I donít feel that my show suffered as a result.

aquarian and crackle mania are by far the best 200 gr cakes ive shot aside from molotov cocktail and rain of fire,but they are not the same anymore. cant wait to try emerald green and binary star.heard good things about them.another great 200 gram that nobody seems to know about is booming boble heads by brothers. picked up one retail and ended up buying a case wholesale at millers.very nice effects and nice size breaks, gold stars and loud crackling,green and red bouquet and green stars with silver glittering(flashing) all with silver or green tails.

Grandpa Dynamite

Falcon Rising by Brothers is a favorite of mine. I've noticed that it now may be 16 shots. Anyone shot the 16 shot? Is it as good as the 25?

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Dynamite View Post
    Falcon Rising by Brothers is a favorite of mine. I've noticed that it now may be 16 shots. Anyone shot the 16 shot? Is it as good as the 25?
    Nope.

I like alot of the 200g cakes.I think if your creative you can put together a very impressive diplay with them.I do wish they would make some more bigger shot 200g cakes with less shots but I still like alot of the 25 shotters.

This past 4th my finale board consisted of 33 cakes,only one 500g cake was on there.

Alot of the 200g cakes have tails like crackling dragon tails or golden tails and if you put them on an angled board you get a really cool effect of a ton of tails lifting into the sky.That's something you can't really do with 500g cakes,at least not with that intensity.
    Yeah I'm addicted....you are too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknas View Post
    Nope.
    I have to agree with Blachnas here. I don't like the 16-shot Falcon Rising at all. You can still get the 25-shot version from Phantom, or you can get a rewrap like I do. Victory sells City Crasher a very good rewrap of Falcon Rising.

PS: I called a couple of the Indiana Phantoms about the BOG2 free coupon that expires Monday. One of the products at BOG2 free is Falcon Rising at the Merrillville location.
    Rudy

Member of H.P.A.
    Member in good standing of Double D's PPP club

My favorite 200g by far is Crazy Exciting -- superior to the 500g variety, and 3 going at once (angled boards) is very impressive. This year I went 200g heavy, and paid for it in the prep. My biggest complaint about 200g is you need more cakes to get the same effect, so there's a lot more elbow grease involved in set-up. A simple board with 4 500g's is as impressive as a complex board with 15 200g's. This year at the 4th I had a false finale that was more interesting than my real finale, and the false finale was 15 200g's. (The real was 500g's + excal's/ca's)

That said, there are great buys in the 200g space.