Today was a good day in the shop. Last night we created a prototype to get measurements for the rest of the ones we needed to build. This morning we built a jig to help cut out all the holes for the terminals. That and our drill press helped make fast work of that step. Screwing all the terminals down went fast too, with another jig. So seven 18 cues slats are now built for our seven position front with this years 4th show. Next step is to wire them up. Our cost: $5.50 for the fence post, the terminal
Updated June 13th, 2013 at 03:37 PM by FRB
We had to try out the new Cobra Slat adapters so we order a couple last week. We received them today. These cables are really HD nice work Cobra Team!
Here are some pictures...
What we ordered:
Close up of the Slat Adapter:
Close up of the right angle end of the 24awg db 25 cable:
Now we need to install the adapters....
Updated June 11th, 2013 at 09:02 PM by FRB
We custom cased Our 2 new Cobra 18m's today in SE300 cases. Used the tips that Dewey shared on a thread on the U and we blogged about a couple days ago, to fit in the SMA connector for the antenna.
They came out nice:
A real poor man's special. We used several 22awg x 4 alarm wires to make up a poor man's 100' DB25 serial cable today...
Working on the dsub:
More heat shrink:
Made a pink ribbon with pink lance to show support to Breast Cancer. My Mom passed away from this horrible cancer...
It was my first time trying lance and sticky fuse, but it worked great. I will add it to my Fourth of July show. But will add in some pink fountains on top and comets shooting from the sides at an angle upward.
Posted a pic and video link.