View Full Version : buying mortars

November 19th, 2006, 06:40 AM
to buy fiberglass/hdpe mortars,do you need your batf

November 19th, 2006, 08:12 AM
To purchase the mortar tubes, plugs, racks or caps - NOPE! No license required at all! That is, as long as the mortars don't already have product in them (IE: Single shot cardboard mortar tubes).

November 19th, 2006, 12:02 PM
It is the product that you put in the mortars that you would need a BATF to use. Since you posted this under Display fireworks, I assume you are asking about professional fireworks (1.3g).

If you are wondering about consumer mortars and fireworks, it will depend on your state. Mortars are always legal to buy and make regardless of state. But it depends on your state laws if you will need a permit or not to shoot fireworks from the mortars.