PDA

View Full Version : Ematch pyrogen formula

riksworld
September 6th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Hi all,

Im currently researching on how to make a ematch dipped in a pyrogen type solution, just woundering if any one here has there way of doing this

thanks

GK
September 6th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Check out www.skylighter.com under ignition supplies.

They have a nice kit that has all you need. Also inert (undipped) ematches.

If you still want to mix up your own they can help you with that too.

GK

MNPyro
September 6th, 2006, 08:09 PM
There's a bunch of different pyrogens available to buy through skylighter and firefox plus a couple others, but you can also make your own with different chemicals or probably the easiest is the BP slurry mix. If you look on the pyroU homepage under ignition there are a couple different ways to do this.

When I find time, I am going to experiment with some different formulations, I said that months ago, so hopefully I can get around to it ;) I'll keep everyone informed no worries.

MNPyro

yeagerb
October 26th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Madmacs,

Please do not duplicate post if you don't get an answer on this one. I'm sure one of the reasons your not getting responses is the fact that this can come close to the "manufacturing no-no" that's a forum rule.

We don't really discuss formulas or manufacturing as indepth like a passfire.com, but with that said....as long as it's more of a technique vs. how to make that would be fine to respond.

For example - you can cross match visco fuse with a piece of thin nichrome wire to get it to ignite faster is fine. How to make thermolite (which is what I think your after) probably won't get posted due to forum rules. Believe me, the rules are in place so that trial lawyers have absolutely no excuses here! ;)

Mike in CO
October 26th, 2006, 06:54 PM
There are some rocketry sites with formulas and methods for making e-match. Do a little creative Googling and you should find several.

graybeard
October 26th, 2006, 07:17 PM
I know everyone wants to help with questions that appear so simple, but it is important that we avoid breaking the forum rules on providing formulas or getting into manufacture. We have to be especially careful in providing formulas or techniques that are improvised or unproven as to safety and reliability. As Mike indicated, reliable formulas are available elsewhere.....Moderator Graybeard.