PDA

View Full Version : First purchase from Hales, need recommendations

petesmith22
June 13th, 2011, 07:16 AM
I am making my first purchase from hales this year. Anyone have recommendations for 500g or 200g cakes or artillary shells? Any help would be appreciated.

zazel
June 13th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I'll bite. Be sure to order 10 Million Fireflies! LOL. I'm sure they would appreciate another request for an item that is proving hard to get.

As for artillery shells, I bought a case of the new Pyro Predator shells and I would have bought a case of 10,000 degrees as well but I really do not need that many shells. Wait, did I just say I don't need some type of firework? Not all will agree, but:

Pyro Predator = better thump
10,000 Degrees = better symmetry

If you search a bit you can find video of most items that were shown at the Hale's Demo this spring. I bought a bunch of stuff, a few of which are:

200g
Psycho Ex Girlfriend
Coco Mania
Redneck Yacht Club

500g
Sleepless Nights
Spicy Hot
Airboss

graybeard
June 13th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Hale's exclusive: 200g, Dollar Bill is an exceptional value for a small cake.
http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2/data/534/dollar_bill_2011.wmv

Hale's exlusive: 500g, Solid Gold may be the finest all gold brocade cake available on the consumer market.
http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2/data/534/solid_gold3.wmv

explosionoid
June 13th, 2011, 11:20 AM
+1 on Solid Gold. Try Rum Runner too.

billknust
June 13th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Rum Runner is nice, it is a rewrap of Golden Bear's LAPD. I like Global Dominance and Apocalypse as well for 500g cakes.

Iowapyro
June 13th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Also, 350g cake Matrix Pyro is great value. +1 on Solid Gold too!

Fireball
June 13th, 2011, 06:11 PM
+1 on the 10k shells and in the 500g line Bear claw and Sin city are both nice too.

goldbergpyro
June 13th, 2011, 08:23 PM
x the 10 mill firefly this one is no good and way over rated. you should just leave this one to me. i will take the weak stuff this year so you dont have to. plus on all above but i know you didnt ask but if noabs are considered try heat wave, croc hunter sin city. theres another one too but i will take it so you dont have to. shells 10k good, predator shells great. i also like to throw in future tech for the mine shot. 200grm other than the above try hammer time, luck of the irish, hot n spicy and always like home on the range. other 500s mammoth peony, mammoth crackle well if you like crackle, dark knight, there are plent more but of the top of my head these will do.

corncobb74
June 13th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Honestly, all you have to do is walk in and ask whoever's there which ones are the good ones and they will point you in the right direction. That's the best thing about Hale's. They will always treat you 100%. They have never let me buy a cake that they didn't think was good.