PDA

View Full Version : Do you live in a place that legally allows shooting fireworks all year with no permit

NormanNormal
June 6th, 2011, 09:56 PM
I am talking about full 1.4g consumer products that can be legally purchased and then used on your own private property all year long without violation of state and local laws. I know parts of Tennessee and Indiana are like this. Specifically where is this possible? Thanks

ddewees
June 6th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I have been told that many rural parts of NH are just the same. (Although they are not full 1.4, which is what you probably asked in the first place)

I would bet that South Carolina is though...

nater219
June 6th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Most unincorporated parts of Indiana and small towns allow any consumer product to be used year-round. Some of the larger cities like Fort Wayne restrict fireworks, but once you are outside of city limits it is fair game.

I think Missouri is open as well.

fireworkfan504
June 6th, 2011, 10:38 PM

i think so too

Shooting Star Pyro
June 6th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Not in my county. They are restricted county wide except on the "holiday windows." I can shoot about anytime I want though with a phone call. ;)

jknepp1954
June 7th, 2011, 04:51 AM
One of the Missouri residents should answer as i think that is NOT true. You can buy all year round - but shooting works is only seasonal - not sure what the season is though. I use to think the same - but found out differntly when we stopped at a couple stores out there last fall.

oldfart
June 7th, 2011, 04:57 AM
NH is the best up in the NE corner. It is up to the town. Mine says OK. Cakes that shoot straight up OK, others have to be on state approved list. We had a restriction on reloadables but the bill to allow these is close to or on the Governors desk. He is expected to let it sit there for 5 days and it becomes law. Still can not shoot firecrackers, rockets or smoke bombs.

BobThePyro
June 7th, 2011, 05:47 AM
^^^^
Smoke bombs? Really? What's the rationale behind that?

Crackerjack
June 7th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Tx has 10 day buying windows for 7/4 and 1/1, but you can shoot year round as long as you're not in the city limits of a town that restricts fireworks possession.

graybeard
June 7th, 2011, 07:17 AM
^^^^
Smoke bombs? Really? What's the rationale behind that? I would bet it goes back to a problem in the State's earlier days with incidents such as; Anarchists, Union strikes, pranksters causing panic, or similar issues that relate to public disturbances. Had the person drafting the bill changed the language from 'Smoke Bomb' to 'Smoke Device', then making them legal would probably have gone unnoticed.

Richard
June 7th, 2011, 07:20 AM
I have been told that many rural parts of NH are just the same. (Although they are not full 1.4, which is what you probably asked in the first place)

I would bet that South Carolina is though...

I believe that South Carolina bans bottle rockets at the state level.

Reeferman
June 7th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Tx has 10 day buying windows for 7/4 and 1/1, but you can shoot year round as long as you're not in the city limits of a town that restricts fireworks possession.

Arkansas is the about the same as well & is full 1.4G, but most of the retailers are open from June 20th until July 5th and again from December 20th until January the 2nd.

russell
June 7th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Ohio allows using all of the items listed below year-round, with no permit!

(straight from the redbook)
http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2/data/500/medium/fw1.jpg

nater219
June 7th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Ohio allows using all of the items listed below year-round, with no permit!]

Way to think on the bright side

russell
June 7th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Way to think on the bright side

Damn right. I have more burn marks on my driveway from smoke balls than anybody! Pretty soon my son and I are going to start building racks for those bad boys. We already E-Fire 'em :lol:

TomH
June 7th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I live in the unincorporated section of Jackson County, Missouri and you can only shoot on the legal dates during the 4th of July and during New years.

Please note: I have sent an email to Jackson County Sheriff's dept. to verify the dates. So if any of you live in my county I should have verification soon.

Tom

metonnet
June 7th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Kansas has banned bottle rockets on state level. Has selling season june 27 thru july 5. During selling season can light in city limits. Outside of selling season it is ok to light anytime as long as outside city limits - at least in my county.

WWhite
June 7th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Ohio allows using all of the items listed below year-round, with no permit!

You guys get all the good stuff. Though I want to know what "Bobby" traps are. I feel sad for poor Bobby already :D

russell
June 7th, 2011, 10:51 AM
You guys get all the good stuff. Though I want to know what "Bobby" traps are. I feel sad for poor Bobby already :D

LOL. Bobby has a rough go around the 4th.

UnkleSAm
June 7th, 2011, 11:32 AM
In NY, the laws do not vary by county, township, or season.

They are allowed to shoot the following without restriction:

and

Every day is like the 4th of July!!!!

troy4ford
June 7th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Yall should come to Mississippi, buy and shoot all year round where I live.

vincalex
June 7th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Not sure about the law, but in rural LaFayette County Missouri, I buy and shoot year round...no worries.

BigMO
June 7th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I live in unincorporated Jefferson County and can shoot and buy at will. MO fireworks laws are controlled mainly by the individual municipalities. St. Louis County and City SnS are the only things allow all year. Very big mixed bag of rules and really depends on where you live. Best place to find information is to call your local fire department and ask. I have found them to be extremely helpful here in MO. Hope this helps!

TomH
June 7th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Not sure about the law, but in rural LaFayette County Missouri, I buy and shoot year round...no worries.

Yeah, you lucky guy....

Tom

thumperanddaphne
June 7th, 2011, 05:35 PM
well i know now just this year that ky is legal for all 1.4 g across the state for sale, use and discharge but it will depend on each county/city to look and see if they have ordinances enacted that ban sale and use of fireworks... i know frankfort ky fireworks are legal for sale and use this season, and jefferson county ky's ordinance has stalled again in the metro council to ban them... not sure where that one will go, plus paduca ky is going to revise its ordinance to ban aerials from sale and use... so were a mixed basket here.:oops:

p.s henderson ky is a go for sale and use of aerial works.

Duncanbullet
June 7th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Colbert country alabama. i shoot almost every week. i only got the sheriff on my house once and that was because he wanted to watch (and because he lives across the street). but we cant buy til june 20th

Wingman
June 8th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Montana allows year 'round use of fireworks except for restrictions like none on federal land and varied city noise ordinances, according to a friend of mine in Mt.
Wish I had known this years ago, as it's a hop/skip from where we vacation in Idaho.

Capn57
June 8th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Pretty good question, I live in NH and there are some comments here from NH. I live in a "Permit Required" Town but they are not very tough about it, I do what I want on a regular basis. I don't bother if I'm just going to let off a few, but if I'm going to really light up the sky I get a permit and I've never had any trouble getting one. The town right next door has no restrictions and I have shot there many times. So I was curious so I looked it up, there are 60 towns in NH with no restrictions and 51 towns that are permit required, all the rest are somewhere in between including a few that do not allow any 1.4g For those that are also curious here is the link to the NH Town Restrictions list.

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/firesafety/fireworks/documents/FIREWORKSCOMMUNITYRESTRICTIONS2004.pdf

dracoe2
June 8th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I believe that South Carolina bans bottle rockets at the state level.

True but onlythe smaller sizes. Has something to do with the stick size. Where I am in SC I can buy year round and shoot year round (as long as I don't violate the noise ordinance). Now if I could just afford to year round I'd be set!

hendro
June 10th, 2011, 09:53 AM
There are places in Wyoming. I can shoot all year round in unincorporated Uinta County (Southwest corner where Evanston is). All CPSC approved fireworks are legal. The only time that you can't is if there is a fire hazzard. Not often though. Not sure in other counties. Wyoming State law says that you can fire all CPSC fireworks statewide subject to local jurisdiction restrictions. Some cities and counties have banned fireworks.

ulo121
June 15th, 2011, 10:22 AM
In Northwest Indiana it's legal everyday after 9AM until 11PM...on holidays you are good to go until Midnight; as long as you are 18 and on your property.

BigMike26
June 26th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I think its time i move out of seattle!!! wow.

comerjoshua
June 28th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Yeah I know I can a I just have to be scaring away pests.
Florida

tennpyro1
June 29th, 2011, 07:04 AM
tennessee just passed a law last night that now you must have a permit to shoot fireworks which is a load of crap if you ask me

Donnie
July 8th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Kansas is all class c except bottle rockets. Can shoot anytime unless prohibited by local ordinance (good to go in rural montgomery county here in southeast ks-just confirmed with sheriff's office!). But, can only buy around the fourth. :(