PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Columbus, IN

theraven17
January 3rd, 2011, 08:15 AM
Hello to everyone here!

I've been lurking on these forums since before last years Fourth of July and have gained a lot of knowledge and general information from everyone here. Last year, my father decided to shift the reigns to someone else and I stepped up to the challenge of shooting a show on the Fourth. After purchasing out fireworks from a local retailer for the past 8-10 years, I was looking to expand my purchasing power for the upcoming years and stumbled into PyroU! I love the upbeat mentality with an amazing respect for safety and fun.

Hoping to help some others with my time here, but learn even more from this great group of people.

Nathan

coachtimmyj
January 3rd, 2011, 08:55 AM
Welcome to the forum raven, you're in a good area for both purchasing and gaining knowledge. Good folks in your neck of the woods.

Jimbo
January 3rd, 2011, 08:59 AM
Hello & Welcome Nathan! This place is a cornucopia of fun and info. You really need to consider joining a lot of us at GLASS this coming Memorial Day weekend....it's a blast and a great place to learn & meet people. Hope to see you there!

Jimbo
January 3rd, 2011, 09:02 AM
Welcome to the forum raven, you're in a hood area for both purchasing and gaining knowledge. Good folks in your neck of the woods.

Timmy, Columbus is not a hood. The crips & bloods all moved out years ago......:lol:

RollerDJ
January 3rd, 2011, 09:03 AM
wecome to the U! nice to see another member semi close to my area. i used to drive a truck into columbus many years ago to a small veneer factory. got lost every time. lol

PYROBOOM
January 3rd, 2011, 09:42 AM
Welcome to U. I second GLASS. You should come on out to this great event. Just one warning, stay away from a skinny guy named Russell. He's violent. LOL Just kidding Russell.

QMAN
January 3rd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Welcome Nathan, there is definitely a large concentration of Indiana Pyros on here. We'll see ya around.

wannabpyro
January 3rd, 2011, 11:32 AM
Welcome Nathan, as QMAN said there are alot of us Indiana pyros on this forum. I will be making my first trip to glass this year and can't wait. Also when you have the time for it look into joining a group like HPA. Lots of good guys with tons of knowledge there.

theraven17
January 3rd, 2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks for all the great replies!

I'll take a look at all of the groups mentioned and see if I can make it to some events throughout this next coming year! GLASS seems like a great group of people and I'll make sure to take a look at some other groups through the PGI website.

And Eric, I'm looking forward to getting some new mortars to add to my current set! I've only heard great things about Pyroboom and am looking forward to placing an order.

heath250r
January 3rd, 2011, 05:36 PM
What's up Raven,I'm new to Pyro U as well,but not to fireworks.Bloomington IN area.Glad you joined

crater
January 3rd, 2011, 06:56 PM
Welcome to the U! Always nice to see more Hoosiers stepping up to the pyro plate.

coachtimmyj
January 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
Timmy, Columbus is not a hood. The crips & bloods all moved out years ago......:lol:

LOL, that's what I get for not proof reading. Obviously, I meant GOOD. Thanks for pointing out I'm an idiot Jimbo ;)

Jasonking0973
January 3rd, 2011, 09:20 PM
Welcome to the U! Nice to see more hoosiers here. Make sure you watch out for that jimbo guy..

nater219
January 3rd, 2011, 10:57 PM
So do us Hoosiers outnumber every other state on this board yet? As was said, nice to have another - welcome aboard.

QMAN
January 4th, 2011, 05:31 AM
I'd say between Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois and Missouri its seems like the largest concentration. But I know there are a lot out West too. I think us Midwestern guys just don't know how to keep a low profile. :cool:

Jimbo
January 4th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I'd say between Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois and Missouri its seems like the largest concentration. But I know there are a lot out West too. I think us Midwestern guys just don't know how to keep a low profile. :cool:

According to recent PGI statistics for membership by state in 2010...."Indiana = 134 members, Ohio = 95 members, Michigan = 195 members, Missouri = 138 members, Illinois = 220, & Wisconsin = 412 members"

As Q stated.....these States pretty much constitute most of the pyros. Keep in mind not every PU member is a PGI member and vice versa, but they are interesting #'s