PDA

View Full Version : You know you put on a hell of a show when...

johnny_boomboom
July 6th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Got a post on facebook from someone at the my show that was listinig to the Local AM (WRHI) radio station July 5th Morning show... they were talking about all the fireworks displays out on the lake. They had a caller that was on the lake in a boat and said that there was a private show at a residence in a certain cove on the lake that was 40 plus minutes long and was better than the July 3rd shows for the 2 local towns... WHOOO I was the only one shooting in this particluar cove... Traffic on the brigde stopped both directions for 40 minutes to watch and we had 30 plus boats at the mouth of the cove... and 60 of freinds and family on the point to watch the show... We had cheers from the other sides of the cove and the party of 60 plus at the house next door... IT WAS BLOODY FREAKIN' AWESOME TO FEEL THAT POSITIVE ENEGRY... 96 500gram Cakes and 490 Artillery Shells in 43 minutes... shoot list and videos to be posted later...

lshark21
July 6th, 2010, 07:35 AM
haha That's great. Aweswome job.

On my way to my shoot site around noon on the 4th there were chairs line up all along the streets facing our shoot site. I had people on facebook asking where I shot because "saw a massive amount of fireworks and figured it was you since you had more than Zambelli" lol

ulo121
July 6th, 2010, 07:36 AM
That's sick!!!!! Next year you need to hand out flyers so the town can come to the "real" show.

DCraig007
July 6th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Got a post on facebook from someone at the my show that was listinig to the Local AM (WRHI) radio station July 5th Morning show... they were talking about all the fireworks displays out on the lake. They had a caller that was on the lake in a boat and said that there was a private show at a residence in a certain cove on the lake that was 40 plus minutes long and was better than the July 3rd shows for the 2 local towns... WHOOO I was the only one shooting in this particluar cove... Traffic on the brigde stopped both directions for 40 minutes to watch and we had 30 plus boats at the mouth of the cove... and 60 of freinds and family on the point to watch the show... We had cheers from the other sides of the cove and the party of 60 plus at the house next door... IT WAS BLOODY FREAKIN' AWESOME TO FEEL THAT POSITIVE ENEGRY... 96 500gram Cakes and 490 Artillery Shells in 43 minutes... shoot list and videos to be posted later...

My gosh...96 500 grammers?? And 490 shells??
How did you do this, all fused up, grand finale style??

man cant wait to see

johnny_boomboom
July 6th, 2010, 09:09 AM
No we placed the 96 500 gram cakes in the shoot area in rows... had myself and another guy lighting those... we had 280 mortars in 20 shot racks in 2 areas (140/area) and one guy each firing from the stations... the last 210 we in finale boxes and a 50 shot spread rack... all chain fused...

Hunter
July 6th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Wow Johnny, I should have left the product at Davey Jones and come and watched your show haha. Just kidding, mine went great as well. We live in a huge neighborhood, and my father went golfing yesterday morning. He came back with news that everyone in his foursome had seen the "best fireworks display they've ever seen," last night. Evidently I had half of the neighborhood out on their lawns. For a small retail purchase at the last minute, I'll take it. It was cool to hear the neighborhood roar after the finale.

Thanks again Johnny for helping me out last minute.

fidstang
July 6th, 2010, 10:40 AM
That's awsome, I know the feeling. I had people coming down from the camp ground next door and people that were on the lake that had to come down and tell me that my show was better then the city show that was put on the night before.

Good job. Feels good when you look back and hear your crowd and then other crowds you didn't even realize could see it.

johnny_boomboom
July 6th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Wow Johnny, I should have left the product at Davey Jones and come and watched your show haha. Just kidding, mine went great as well. We live in a huge neighborhood, and my father went golfing yesterday morning. He came back with news that everyone in his foursome had seen the "best fireworks display they've ever seen," last night. Evidently I had half of the neighborhood out on their lawns. For a small retail purchase at the last minute, I'll take it. It was cool to hear the neighborhood roar after the finale.

Thanks again Johnny for helping me out last minute.

I hope you put those 20 guns to good use... and it was my pleasure to help you out... just wait till next year

johnny_boomboom
July 6th, 2010, 05:39 PM
2010 Fireworks shoot list (not in order of firing)

GP American Orbitor 2
WC Pure Intensity 3
WC 5 O'clock somewhere 3
BIG The Awakening 3
Red Rhino Royal Crown 2
Big BMF 2
WC Chopper 1
WC loyal to None 1
BIG monster Strobe 2
WC not in my yard 2
WC Sexy Rider 2
CE Skull Crusher 2
WC Apolocpyse Now 2
CE Galaxy Buster 2
WC Migraine 2
CE Survival Of the Fittest 2
WC Big Dog 1
BIG Eternal Damnation 1
BIG 3 Wishes 1
CE Rain Maker 2
WC Flicker 3
WC Orential Dragon 3
WC No Mercy 2
WC Outta Control 3
WC Fanaticon 1
WC Asian Sensation 2
WC Fighting Rooster 1
WC One Bad Mother 2
WC Attitude Adjustment 4
WC Pure Seduction 1
WC Nascar Star 2
WC Make it Rain 2
PP Super Nova 1
PP Solid Gold 4
GP Chemical Romance 1
WC Gorilla Warfare 1
WC Ghost Rider 1
BIG KA-25 Roller 1
WC Joe Six Pack 1
WC Cha-Ching 2
WC Posion 1
WC ONE BIG SOB 1
MT Flaming Nostrals 1
MT Tribulation Force 1
BIG Felony 12 shot 2
BIG Ghost Ryder 1
WC American Celebration 2
MT Pirates Code 1
Red Rhino Intimadator 1
CE Weapon of Choice 1
WC American Trucker 1
WC Fantail 1
WC Comin at ya 1
WC A Taste of Heat 1
WC Muy Caliente 1
WC Rattler 1
Big Smoking Aces 1
Big Lightening storm 1
Artillery
WC Excalibur 288
WC Super Magnum 72
Sword Killer 130

johnny_boomboom
July 6th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Video here...
http://www.pyrouniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?29562-Johnny-BoomBoom-and-crew-2010-show...-Opening-squence-is-still-being-rendered...

dracoe2
July 6th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Damn, i gotta make it over to your house next year!!! I have to be like right around the corner somewhere near you. i worked til about nine and then just had time to put up some excals!! Next year i come and help out with set up too!!!

lil_mikey69
July 6th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Video here...
http://www.pyrouniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?29562-Johnny-BoomBoom-and-crew-2010-show...-Opening-squence-is-still-being-rendered...

What cake was at the beginning of the finale video?

johnny_boomboom
July 6th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Super Nova... Pyro Predator...
that was the only cake in the finale.... actually it was the false finale... the balance was all x-cals, Sword Killers and Super Magnums...

lil_mikey69
July 6th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Super Nova... Pyro Predator...
that was the only cake in the finale.... actually it was the false finale... the balance was all x-cals, Sword Killers and Super Magnums...

I thought that's what it was, but then I didn't see that on your list of product.

johnny_boomboom
July 6th, 2010, 06:32 PM
oops missed it on the list sorry!!!

Capn57
July 6th, 2010, 06:34 PM
...was better than the July 3rd shows for the 2 local towns... I was the only one shooting in this particluar cove... we had 30 plus boats at the mouth of the cove... ... IT WAS BLOODY FREAKIN' AWESOME TO FEEL THAT POSITIVE ENEGRY...

It is awesome to hear all that kind of stuff and it seems even better coming from folks you don't even know. I've never made it to the radio or facebook but I've done a bunch of lake shoots and I love them because not only do I think it enhances the fireworks with echo and reflection but you always have an expanded audience. I've shot private lake shows that were seen by (???) 100s, lots of boats, blowing horns, blinking lights then when it's all over kissed by women I don't even know (that's my gauge for a job well done) hearing about it around town in the days to come from people that saw it. My favorite so far was finding a bunch of pictures on the web taken by a complete stranger and her commentary of one of my lake shoots last year. Congratulations on a job well done. of course it will be expected now. Don't let it go to your head now, you "god of pyros"

Cheers

darink300zx
July 6th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Just watched the vids. Good job Johnny, huge step up from that time in SC when you "tried" to compete with me! LOL, seriously though top notch work!

Darin.

johnny_boomboom
July 6th, 2010, 06:46 PM
It is awesome to hear all that kind of stuff and it seems even better coming from folks you don't even know. I've never made it to the radio or facebook but I've done a bunch of lake shoots and I love them because not only do I think it enhances the fireworks with echo and reflection but you always have an expanded audience. I've shot private lake shows that were seen by (???) 100s, lots of boats, blowing horns, blinking lights then when it's all over kissed by women I don't even know (that's my gauge for a job well done) hearing about it around town in the days to come from people that saw it. My favorite so far was finding a bunch of pictures on the web taken by a complete stranger and her commentary of one of my lake shoots last year. Congratulations on a job well done. of course it will be expected now. Don't let it go to your head now, you "god of pyros"

Cheers

I have built quite a rep in this area... the show and the crowds get bigger every year... I don't know if I can top this years show... without major help!!!

chris3475
July 6th, 2010, 08:47 PM
I love supernova! I used it to start my finale also. Great job!

firecrackersam
July 6th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I knew my show ruled when the guy who doesn't swear AT ALL yells "hollllllly shitttt!" after my finale! :)

kingofquartz
July 6th, 2010, 09:04 PM
When you stop traffic on a major highway and can hear cheers from the highway after the show:party: I was so involved with watching the show I didnt even notice the sea of headlights until after the finale when we heard the hoops and hollers.

Most of the shows around us shut down and came over to watch. One fella said he stopped his show and came over because the non-stop breaks for 30 minutes made it so that he couldnt talk with his dad about what to fire next:lol:

Making the local radio station rules! Thats awesome!

ZAMBAM!
July 6th, 2010, 10:01 PM
......when boat after boat comes up to shore while I'm cleaning up at the beach the next day and yell great show, awesome show, best on the lake, when's your next one, thanks for the show,etc. and people who were at the show are talking it up today.............:party::party::flame::flame::flame::party::party:

Hunter
July 6th, 2010, 10:40 PM
I hope you put those 20 guns to good use... and it was my pleasure to help you out... just wait till next year

They were definitely put to good use haha. It's funny though, I lost 15 Excals and 5 Smoke N Mirrors in them...I mean, I'm sure I put them in there, but I can't find them anywhere...just kidding, they were all utilized to their fullest, rest assured.

johnny_boomboom
July 7th, 2010, 04:49 AM
thanks Darin... knowing the quality show you put on... THat is a great complement...