PDA

View Full Version : Lampare at a baseball game?

nater219
September 11th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Our local team, the Tin Caps have had pretty impressive shows all summer after weekend games. This year, he's used good strobe / smoke effects, creamer pots, and good use of small shells and cakes. They went all out tonight. Larger shells (4s I think), requiring outfield stands to be emptied, 1.3 fountains, ground salutes, and ground lampare effects.

I wish I had more pictures and a video of the show, but my batteries died. The lampare were on the trailer in the front, the salutes were on the set pieces just outside the infield, and the angled guns are near the center field wall.

Edit: Oh yeah, TinCaps ended up beating South Bend with an impressive comeback in the 8th inning, advancing to round 2 in the midwest league playoffs.

QMAN
September 11th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I had gone to a South Bend Silver Hawks game this summer when they had Pyro after the game and man did it ever suck. I can't say that the people contracted on this year spent their budget well. Definately no Lampare's or Salutes for that matter. They might not let them because its right down town. Sounds like you have the better team and the better pyro!

nater219
September 11th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Our stadium is right downtown as well, but there is a large concourse around the field before some busy roads allowing more space for fallout. Tonight they had some of the roads closed during the show. Most games, the largest shells you see are 2.5" or 3" with smaller cakes and TKs.

The crew is contracted through Melrose and are some firefighters I know. Again, I was really impressed for a 10 minute, post-game show.

I've never heard of lampares done on the ground like that, it was also the first time I've been close to 1.3 fountains. Pretty neat stuff. You could really feel the heat from the stands.

stuntborg
September 11th, 2009, 08:58 PM
The ground lampares may be cremoras or liquid fuel. Might be some at the saint louis shoot. There will be plenty of them at the PGI when it comes to Indiana.

nater219
September 11th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I'm -pretty- sure it was liquid fuel. Hot, loud, orange, fireball. Didn't smell or have the bluish tinge of some fuels though. Would cremoras be that loud? It was loud, like a lot of salutes, but obviously not flash. I really wish I had a video of the effect.

I'll ask the lead if he'll share his secret next time I see him. I also cannot wait for PGI to come to Indiana.

stuntborg
September 11th, 2009, 09:05 PM
There are others around that no way more about them than me. Most fireballs I've seen are almost silent. A ground salute will add some sound. The colors can be manipulated all the way from straight blue to green to red to orange to an angry orange to yellow.

strobes
September 11th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I'm -pretty- sure it was liquid fuel. Hot, loud, orange, fireball. Didn't smell or have the bluish tinge of some fuels though. Would cremoras be that loud? It was loud, like a lot of salutes, but obviously not flash. I really wish I had a video of the effect.

I'll ask the lead if he'll share his secret next time I see him. I also cannot wait for PGI to come to Indiana.

im guessing they did a creamer with a ground salute 5-10 feet in front of it. Doing a lampare on the ground would catch the the grass and anything else close by on fire

nater219
September 11th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Here's a better picture of trailer. The smaller one is how he had the salutes suspended off the ground. It could be a salute with a creamer effect on the same cue. If so, the timing was perfect. Each shell hanging there was it's own effect, they repeated it several times during the show.

Whatever he did, the crowd loved it, and I was an excited new pyro.