PDA

View Full Version : Board spacing

notenoughcash
June 29th, 2009, 07:52 AM
K, I know, search.., I did but trying to get thru threads at work and finish shoot site layout == not happening with meetings every30 minutes

Trying to get an idea of minimum spacing between angled boards (Three of em) Assuming 200/350GM cakes are on the angled part (~ 15 degrees) 50' seems like a bit much, thinking more along the lines of 30-35' between. This would still give me a good front size with some overlap as make it easier to get everything matched up. Of course if it's gonna look like crap based on otheres experience I'll stretch it out.

Damn, this whole 5 days and counting is speeding by WAY to fast, I see LOOONNGGG nights ahead of me finishing up

Thanks

NEC

fashionheadhunter
June 29th, 2009, 07:54 AM
50 feet isn't too much. Almost always, people regret they didn't space things out more. I'd rather err on the side of spacing, versus breaking on top of each other.

JD
June 29th, 2009, 10:28 AM
NEC..check out some of dewey's vids.I think his are a minimum 0f 50'
I hear ya on the 5 days going quick..I spent 9 hours saturday runing que wires and setting up a 50 cake finale platform..it allways takes longer than you think it will..:)

missinglink
June 29th, 2009, 11:55 AM
You guys are getting too fancy for me.. I just do tons of angle boards and racks and then fire single match/column. Not as sophisticated but the angled boards spread it out pretty good and setup is next to nil. Time out your boards best you can and let'er rip. You are sitting with the audiance watching the show instead flicking switches...

Yeah.. I will eventually do the spread out, e-fire thing.... but not this year.

Dewey
June 29th, 2009, 12:54 PM
If you have the room 50 ft. minimum for small items and 100 ft. for larger 500 gr..
If you watch my last show I posted last week those firing systems are around 90 ft. from each other. Everything is shooting straight up nothing is angled and there still isn't a whole lot of black sky.
http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2/showphoto.php/photo/19625/ppuser/202

notenoughcash
June 29th, 2009, 12:54 PM
50 feet isn't too much. Almost always, people regret they didn't space things out more. I'd rather err on the side of spacing, versus breaking on top of each other.

NEC..check out some of dewey's vids.I think his are a minimum 0f 50'
I hear ya on the 5 days going quick..I spent 9 hours saturday runing que wires and setting up a 50 cake finale platform..it allways takes longer than you think it will..:)

50' won't kill me, just burn thru a lot more shooters wire and take longer to set up, not like I don't have the room (2000' square to play in)

Missinglink, I'm actually doing a lot of what you say, should only have to hit button(s) 36 times while sitting back with the crowd :D

Thanks guys

NEC

Dewey
June 29th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Shooting wire?? Sounds like someone needs for firing system stations:D

notenoughcash
June 29th, 2009, 01:11 PM
you got about 4 more for overnight shipping?!?!? :D:D:twisted::D:D

Already using 4 x 16 and 1 x 32 form ya + 24 single eMade for main show and 20 cue wired system for closer stuff like fountains etc.

I have determined one can NEVER have to many e-fire connection points, gonna have yellow spaghetti in the field by the time I'm done draggin wire with all the space I have to work in..ahh welll....I could have not enough space

FireStrter
June 29th, 2009, 01:26 PM
50' sounds like more than enough space in between boards. I wish I had a bigger shoot site this year.

KYpyro
June 29th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Here is a picture with a 500G "A Little Piece of Heaven" shooting in the center with a 200G "Daffodil" shooting 50 foot from each side.
As you can see this was barley enough spacing.
I really needed more.

http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2/data/500/medium/100_foot_seperation.jpg

All cakes were shooting straight up.

lava
July 19th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Here is a picture with a 500G "A Little Piece of Heaven" shooting in the center with a 200G "Daffodil" shooting 50 foot from each side. As you can see this was barley enough spacing.
I really needed more......
Personally, I don't think what you have there looks bad. True, you don't want things always breaking on top of each other, but you don't want so much separation that it starts to look like 3 individual shows going on either.
If the smaller breaks are still opening up and haven't reach their maximum size (which might be the case), then I see your concern.