PDA

View Full Version : Plunger Firing Box

Arthur Brown
May 27th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I'm looking for a plunger firing box for the bride to start the show with. Does anyone have a supplier for these in working and authentic looking state, and legally shippable to the UK.

Yes I have sorted the legality of using it in the UK!

Yes I an aware of ebay! What search terms would you use.

Does anyone have one for sale (PM please)

PyroBoy1der
May 27th, 2009, 12:37 AM
You might want to look this over before you keep looking for this sort of item.
http://www.pyrouniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19592

The gist is that it's not safe to have the plunger actually function but instead be a prop that is used and then a certified operator actually pushes the button on cue.

Arthur Brown
May 27th, 2009, 05:10 AM
As I say, I have the whole legal issue sorted in the business and insurance. I just need a good working plunger box. Or links to one.

PyroBoy1der
May 27th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Talk to Darkshot6103. It seems he picked on up on EBay.

http://www.pyrouniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19623

But who knows if when you get your dynamite box it will work well enough to consistently fire your e match. You may yet be stuck building something.

UKPauly
May 27th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I got one but you aint havin it lol

:lol:

Georgie-Tiger
May 27th, 2009, 10:27 AM
we used one last weekend. coolest thing. . this was an early 1900's box. fired some shells and blew up a rack. more on that later.

i want one too.

Darkshot6103
May 27th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Arthur: Check e-Bay and type in "Dynamite blasting machine". There are usually a couple for sale each week. I've seen them sell for $ 200 to $ 800. If you are patient you can pick one up a little cheaper. It took me about 9 months to get one in my price range...$280. I would say they sell for an average of around $400-$500. Make sure you ask if it still puts out a charge if it is not stated in the description, some sellers don't know unless you ask them to test it.

Good Luck, DS

OriginalSmokey
June 9th, 2009, 04:41 PM
A number, maybe 10, years ago they were still selling new ones. Small company in Pennsylvania whose name I don't recall. Try Google.