View Full Version : Plunger Firing Box

Arthur Brown
May 27th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I'm looking for a plunger firing box for the bride to start the show with. Does anyone have a supplier for these in working and authentic looking state, and legally shippable to the UK.

Yes I have sorted the legality of using it in the UK!

Yes I an aware of ebay! What search terms would you use.

Does anyone have one for sale (PM please)

May 27th, 2009, 12:37 AM
You might want to look this over before you keep looking for this sort of item.

The gist is that it's not safe to have the plunger actually function but instead be a prop that is used and then a certified operator actually pushes the button on cue.

Arthur Brown
May 27th, 2009, 05:10 AM
As I say, I have the whole legal issue sorted in the business and insurance. I just need a good working plunger box. Or links to one.

May 27th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Talk to Darkshot6103. It seems he picked on up on EBay.

But who knows if when you get your dynamite box it will work well enough to consistently fire your e match. You may yet be stuck building something.

May 27th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I got one but you aint havin it lol

May 27th, 2009, 10:27 AM
we used one last weekend. coolest thing. . this was an early 1900's box. fired some shells and blew up a rack. more on that later.

i want one too.

May 27th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Arthur: Check e-Bay and type in "Dynamite blasting machine". There are usually a couple for sale each week. I've seen them sell for $ 200 to $ 800. If you are patient you can pick one up a little cheaper. It took me about 9 months to get one in my price range...$280. I would say they sell for an average of around $400-$500. Make sure you ask if it still puts out a charge if it is not stated in the description, some sellers don't know unless you ask them to test it.

Good Luck, DS

June 9th, 2009, 04:41 PM
A number, maybe 10, years ago they were still selling new ones. Small company in Pennsylvania whose name I don't recall. Try Google.