PDA

View Full Version : fireworks selling period question?

fireworks123
May 19th, 2006, 03:39 PM
hi, I was wondering What exatly selling peroid of fireworks means, does it mean that in that state fireworks can be bought during the specified selling period then used after the selling peroid or does it mean you can only buy fireworks and shoot them off during the specified selling period?
any help is appriciated!

thanks!

Spyder207
May 19th, 2006, 04:03 PM
In my area, that means that fireworks can only be sold during that time period. There are no local laws yet in my area that dictate when they can be used. You should check your local laws to make sure as some areas only allow fireworks to be used during certain times.

Mike
May 19th, 2006, 06:35 PM
In my state, it is when the SEASONAL retailers can sell, not before or after the selling period. Usually this is the tent vendors that set up along the roadsides. Their permits are not as expensive as the retailers, wholesalers, and distributors that have permits to do business year round.

jeff wilson
May 19th, 2006, 08:03 PM
In my state, it is when the SEASONAL retailers can sell, not before or after the selling period. Usually this is the tent vendors that set up along the roadsides. Their permits are not as expensive as the retailers, wholesalers, and distributors that have permits to do business year round.

Yes the seasonal retail permit allows about 2 weeks in june/july and 2 weeks in dec/jan
And its about $700 cheaper than a year round.