PDA

View Full Version : red pearl

steve t.
March 23rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
I "found" a red pearl cake, but have a question.

the typical logo says red pearl across the top in an arch, but this one said "charlies factory" in an arch across the bottom.

Any idea how old this cake may be?

jknepp1954
March 23rd, 2009, 01:29 PM
Steve - what is the name of the cake?
Charlie Factory is the factory where these are made. The company that handles the Cannon Products also handles Red Pearl. I was told by Sally Han, president of China NAtional Samkwong (Cannon) that the Charlie Factory was the original factory before Brothers came into existance. So there is a lot of "rewraps" in that part.
Charlie Factory also makes an excellent qulaity line of 1.3g cakes as well and display shells. I Have had their 1.3 cakes, but never saw their 1.3 shells.
Joyce

steve t.
March 23rd, 2009, 01:47 PM
Joyce, its called extreme fighters...18 shot

it doesn't have a description, so I don't even know what ot does, I just know its old and I had to have it.:lol:

jknepp1954
March 23rd, 2009, 02:13 PM
It is either an old, old cake or a cake made special as an exclusive for someone.
Enjoy! ;)
Joyce

UnkleSAm
March 23rd, 2009, 04:31 PM
Extreme Fighters was an A&W "exclusive" from quite a few years back. I know I had a couple, and I think I liked them, but don't remember what their effect was. I took a quick look at my shoot-lists for the last five years, and it goes back before then.

Apyrorush
March 23rd, 2009, 04:31 PM
I just bought a case of Vivid V and it says Charlie Factory on it also. Oh, and the case was 2 cakes short. Look like it had been opened and resealed with a tape that said "Intertek" on it. Possibly the shipping company?

wing commander
March 23rd, 2009, 09:07 PM
let your wholesaler know you got shorted.get credit on next order.
the dudes i deal with check the boxes that have intertec tape on them for that very reason.

pyro29
March 24th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I just bought a case of Vivid V and it says Charlie Factory on it also. Oh, and the case was 2 cakes short. Look like it had been opened and resealed with a tape that said "Intertek" on it. Possibly the shipping company?

Intertek is a testing and certification lab similiar to AFSL. Shortages are common with them...