PDA

View Full Version : What piece disappointment you this year?

firework12
July 6th, 2008, 04:10 PM
There is another thread for pieces that suprised you, so post any disappointments here.

My list:

-Shogun's "Well Equipped" and Shogun's "Blue Me Up" were both TERRIBLE! They cost around $20 each, but the breaks were pitiful!

bigbplaya
July 6th, 2008, 04:15 PM
i think most of shogun is a disappointment...didnt have any disappointments this year

Dewey
July 6th, 2008, 04:20 PM
A was a little disappointed in the Cannon Dragon and Tiger I shot this year. I shot a pair right after some good 9 shot cakes, I think this is the reason I thought they were a little weak.
I don't think I'll buy Cannon Wipe Out again either, there's better z-cakes out.

firework12
July 6th, 2008, 04:31 PM
i think most of shogun is a disappointment...didnt have any disappointments this year

I actually like Shogun. This year, I liked "Fire in the Night". It had decent palm breaks.

pyro*fire*
July 6th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I was kinda upset with Brothers Oktoberfest. I thought it was going to be just like the video, but that taught me a lesson. Just because it looks that way in a video doesn't mean that it'll look like that when/if you shoot it. This piece looked way different, which kinda disappointed me, but not my crowd:)
-Troy

UnkleSAm
July 6th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Big's smiley face rockets really do suck. Bad! Only 5 of 20 launched and flew correctly. None even remotely resembled a smiley face. Two never left the rack (6" tall 2" hdpe - no friction or binding). Most went up about 20 feet and dive-bombed. But they do break big - not good when they don't launch.

leeca
July 6th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Fire hawk Eiffel Tower fountains. I was a bit worried about having them since they did not have the California safe and sane seal on them, they were large and heavy so I assumed they would have potential, but they were all fluff.

Yaz
July 6th, 2008, 05:13 PM
shotgun wedding's new slow pace takes away what made it great in the first place

and quake... kinda.

Paul
July 6th, 2008, 05:22 PM
My fountain board was nice, but Behemoth kinda disappointed me. For its size, I was expecting more.

runvs00
July 6th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Definitely was disappointed with Maximize by glorious... Crazy Exciting beat it out by FAR!!

SPACEBLUESONOMA
July 6th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Winda's Ghost Killers were a dissapointment this year. They seemed lower and weaker than in previous years.

coachtimmyj
July 6th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I'd have to say that Shotgun Wedding was disappointing. Not a terrible cake, just guess I was expecting more after seeing video of it.

I thought Cannon's Now or Never would have bigger breaks. They were nice breaks, just not real hard or large. Nice cake, but not packed 2/1.

I thought the Top Shelf shells were going to be larger breaks, but they were beautiful, just smaller than expected. Nice lift though. Only thing went higher were the cans we shot. Only real disappointment was, for the price, I thought they should have been bigger.

Bigjake
July 6th, 2008, 07:12 PM
My big Disappointment was Trucking Home. It was way to slow, looked like a fiesta. This was after I was talking it up.:mad:

upNsmoke
July 6th, 2008, 07:15 PM
WC - America's Focus/Pride was disappointing for being 2/1. I was already expecting something different and after seeing it I wish I had gotten something different like a case of NOAB.

johnny_boomboom
July 6th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Red Rhino - Killer willow 16 shot just sucked... fortunately I pulled it from the show after seeing it

Yaz
July 6th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I'd have to say that Shotgun Wedding was disappointing. Not a terrible cake, just guess I was expecting more after seeing video of it.
it wasnt always like that. it would volley 6 shots simultaneously rather than in succession. another great cake bites the dust :(

cexshun
July 6th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Shotgun Wedding sucked. Whomever told me it was an Extreme Machine rewrap should be shot.

Big's Happy Ending Rockets should be pulled from shelves and forgotten about, never to be spoken of again. We had one actually land in the middle of our neighbors party and break on the ground scattering his party guests. Also had 2 not even leave the tube, and one of those actually burning the shooter when bursting.

maxbear
July 6th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Shotgun Wedding sucked. Whomever told me it was an Extreme Machine rewrap should be shot.

Big's Happy Ending Rockets should be pulled from shelves and forgotten about, never to be spoken of again. We had one actually land in the middle of our neighbors party and break on the ground scattering his party guests. Also had 2 not even leave the tube, and one of those actually burning the shooter when bursting.

Maybe they meant Minnie Machine rewrap

Yaz
July 6th, 2008, 07:33 PM
lol

this is what it used to be: http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2/showphoto.php?photo=2069

this is what we got now: http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2/showphoto.php?photo=11337

Ryan Johnson
July 6th, 2008, 08:09 PM
God Bless America... 176 shots for $200 (I know, I know... wholesale for me next year!)

Not a very good piece for such a high price.

Ryan

roreilly
July 6th, 2008, 08:18 PM
quake, i wanted to be a huge fan of this, but when I finally lit it, and watching the video, its just not worth it. Dawn Patrol, in my opinion was much better. The last three shots of it are very nice though. I would love to be able to get a single shot tube like that.

heavy d
July 6th, 2008, 08:53 PM
the way to short fuses on the 10000 degree shell kits. i like the shells but the fuses are way to short even for my 12 inch hdpe.

missinglink
July 6th, 2008, 09:01 PM

Hyrdogen Bomb still kicks butt. I was a little disappointed with Blond Joke this year. I though Atom Bomb was a rewrap but I saw the two shot one after the other and the Atom Bomb version cooked and the Blond Joke version was weaker.

Darkpyro525
July 6th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Dont remember the name but it was a smaller world class fountain witch was "safe and sane" just blew up after about 10 seconds shooting the other 2 fountain tubes into neighbors yard witch isnt "safe" at all. Luckily we had a hose ready and there was no fire and no injuries.

nicholwa
July 7th, 2008, 08:22 AM
God Bless America... 176 shots for $200 (I know, I know... wholesale for me next year!)

Not a very good piece for such a high price.

Ryan

I bought it wholesale and it still was a lousy piece. My entire crew commented on how underwhelmed they were with it. It had poor height and weak effects. The two KA25's we shot with it were much better. We did shoot it right after Sidewinder and right before a 3" OBM NOAB.

Anthony

humanraindelay
July 7th, 2008, 08:46 AM
I know it's a lousy cake any way but Ice Breaker was a big dissapointment. I didn't expect alot out of it and was still dissapointed.

Randall
July 7th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Bohemoth and Impossible Dream both sucked this year. What a huge dissapointment. We know things that are good, usually suddenly, go down hill, but it still sucked.

r1dermon
July 7th, 2008, 10:45 AM
everything was great except for brothers xanadu. could've gone without that piece of shit. quake was insane, next year more NOABS. WC noabs are absolutely sick!

bigbplaya
July 7th, 2008, 01:24 PM
likewise i was very impressed with King Bird including the Big Dooze NOAB

groundrush120
July 7th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I was dissappointed in every 200 gram cake I tried this year and almost every 500 gram cake ( I have never been a cake fan anyway ) except for 2 and they are peacock and hydrogen bomb. Everything else just plain sucked!

rikkifin
July 7th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I was a bit surprised at the Rock You Baby by Bigs. It was a good bit slower in the Z action than in the video. 24 seconds compared to 16 may not be a lot, but it was just enough to make it so-so. Did anyone else notice this? I was wondering if it was a bad batch thing or an American Ballet type thing.

jman
July 7th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I'd have to say cannon products in general this year. I've shot a lot of it in the past and this years crop is crap! These all sucked IMO and I've seen many 200g cakes that put them to shame on break size.

The Adventuer...should be called the Adventureless
Max Max:puke: Oh my God, this was horrible, tiny breaks
Wipeout.. should be called what a joke, slow and miserable firing I'd take Fireworks fiesta any day of the week over this one

Since I'm on a cannon rant, I'll bash Red Alert again also. I had two cases of "pale pink alert" last year.

I have endorsed cannon for a long time on this forum, but no more, the last two years I've been burned by that brand, it wont happen again.

Red Pearls Triumph America and Cannons Bombs Gone Wild, were both pretty good IMO.

iced_earth
July 7th, 2008, 03:17 PM
big's self destruction-was not anywhere near same as video

tay
July 8th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I used Shogun's Cyber candles as the beginning to my show. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Yeah, never again.

hammerPlyr1
July 8th, 2008, 10:43 PM
i used the new york harbor foutain and it was a real waste. seen lighted farts that looked better.

shortfusejay
July 9th, 2008, 04:53 AM
I got Chopper/Cycle for the 1st time and was not impressed at all.

Yaz
July 9th, 2008, 06:28 AM
world class chopper? that stinks, i was planning on picking some up for the first time next year

shortfusejay
July 9th, 2008, 07:01 AM
world class chopper? that stinks, i was planning on picking some up for the first time next year

I had Cycle wich is what Chopper was changed too. I didn't think it was as good as what I seen in vids and it wasn't as good as PyroKings Vegas Baby Vegas wich it is very similar too. Next time I may just opt for Chronic or just double up on Sexy Rider.

rikkifin
July 9th, 2008, 07:20 AM
I got Chopper/Cycle for the 1st time and was not impressed at all.
I didnt think it was bad.......not great....but not bad. I went back to the video and the crowd seemed to enjoy it. I may opt for a different piece next year though.

shortfusejay
July 9th, 2008, 07:37 AM
All I said was I wasn't impressed and words like stink and bad start rolling out :lolbash: For a 12 shot 2" piece I expected better. There was no way that cake was comparable to Cowboy or Sexy Rider. I mean even the 16 shot Megabanger Cold Fusion and Imperial Garden were considerably better.

Hollywood
July 9th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Red Rhino's Cowboy Up and Edge of Madness

They should of been called Sissy Boy Up and Edge of Sadness :mad:

fashionheadhunter
July 9th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I'd have to say cannon products in general this year.

The Adventuer...should be called the Adventureless
Max Max:puke: Oh my God, this was horrible, tiny breaks

Since I'm on a cannon rant, I'll bash Red Alert again also. I had two cases of "pale pink alert" last year.

Wow, jman...I bought a lot of Cannon this year, and actually, based mainly on your recommendations (since there isn't much talk about that brand on here), I'd have to say I was generally happy with the pieces I bought.

Surprisingly, I actually liked The Adventurer...lots of different effects and inexpensive.

Max Max is a pig---you are right about that one.

Agree also about Red Alert---it is a pink piece of crap--didn't buy it this year after buying it last year.

But I did really like Mythical Triangle, Mission Iron Eagle, Psycho Gig, Now or Never, Titan's Fury and Pyro Swords---did you shoot them?

Kind of on the fence on Disorderly Conduct and Cannon Medallion--did you shoot either of those this year?

Some of the smaller cakes were also real good performers and good values---Cajun Pageant, Crush Hour (nice mine cake), Exotic Mash (best fish cake IMO), Hero Headquarters and High Rollers Club are all ones that I liked and would recommend.

UnkleSAm
July 9th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Wow, jman...I bought a lot of Cannon this year, and actually, based mainly on your recommendations (since there isn't much talk about that brand on here), I'd have to say I was generally happy with the pieces I bought.

Surprisingly, I actually liked The Adventurer...lots of different effects and inexpensive.

Max Max is a pig---you are right about that one.

Agree also about Red Alert---it is a pink piece of crap--didn't buy it this year after buying it last year.

But I did really like Mythical Triangle, Mission Iron Eagle, Psycho Gig, Now or Never, Titan's Fury and Pyro Swords---did you shoot them?

Kind of on the fence on Disorderly Conduct and Cannon Medallion--did you shoot either of those this year?

Some of the smaller cakes were also real good performers and good values---Cajun Pageant, Crush Hour (nice mine cake), Exotic Mash (best fish cake IMO), Hero Headquarters and High Rollers Club are all ones that I liked and would recommend.
I saw this year's version of Hero Headquarters at a friend's shoot this spring. Either my memory is shot, or it was a lot weaker than ones from the past.

HeLLy
July 9th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I was only disappointed by..

The reaper shells I bought. They just didn't perform like I thought they would. Don't get me wrong. They're nice but they didn't live up to my par.

Matt B
July 9th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Anything Black Cat is always a disappoinment for years now....YYUUUKKK!

shortfusejay
July 9th, 2008, 11:16 AM

The reaper shells I bought. They just didn't perform like I thought they would. Don't get me wrong. They're nice but they didn't live up to my par.

You know I wasn't as impressed with them as I was hoping for either. They had an awesome launch and nice round breaks but I think they were a little hyped up to be more than they really were. There was some inconsistency between them too. I would probably buy them again though.

odie
July 9th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Eldorado by Glorious was very anti-climactic for me.

Also, the Night Witch rockets appeared to be weaker this year. I shot a pack from last year and a pack from this year and they seemed to be different.

flashsmith
July 9th, 2008, 02:23 PM
500g- World Class too hot to handle really weak..

fountain-brothers purplicious where was the purple??

Yaz
July 9th, 2008, 02:32 PM
All I said was I wasn't impressed and words like stink and bad start rolling out :lolbash: For a 12 shot 2" piece I expected better. There was no way that cake was comparable to Cowboy or Sexy Rider. I mean even the 16 shot Megabanger Cold Fusion and Imperial Garden were considerably better.
wow.

:: scratches chopper of my list for next year ::

jonkelley82
July 9th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I was dissappointed in every 200 gram cake I tried this year and almost every 500 gram cake ( I have never been a cake fan anyway ) except for 2 and they are peacock and hydrogen bomb. Everything else just plain sucked!

8o There are a ton of nice cakes on the market....What brands would constitute the majority of your product? Shogun? Cannon?

Brothers makes some great 200g's, there 500g's are hit or miss, but there are some nice ones. WC makes some Killer 500g's as well and a few nice 200g's.

Edit: I bought a case of Cycle this year, they seemed just like the choppers I remember. But they were all in my finale, so I can't be 100% certain as there was alot going on.

Tyler306
July 9th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I have to say I was very pleased with all of my stash...picked everything that I loved, so I knew that I wouldn't be dissappointed

Rikerz
July 9th, 2008, 06:54 PM

I'll 3rd that... Talk about dangerous!

cexshun
July 9th, 2008, 07:06 PM

I've emailed Big's directly to express my extreme disappoint in this product and concern for the safety of anyone buying these. Heard nothing back yet.

Reviewing the tape, we lit 1/2 a case throughout the day. 8 broke on the ground, one of them being in the middle of my neighbor's party. 2 lifted about 1 inch, then cut out and came back to rest. The first one the shooter was lucky enough that the stars went around him. The second one, he turned to run as soon as he saw it wasn't going to lift. All out sprint, but you cannot outrun combustibles. Star right between the shoulder blades.

We discontinued use immediately. An item like this can tarnish, if not completely ruin the reputation of a well respected retailer.

UnkleSAm
July 10th, 2008, 05:30 AM
It's kind of prophetic that the header card says four pieces, when the bag contains five rockets. After you shoot four you don't want to light any more!

UnkleSAm
July 10th, 2008, 05:30 AM
I've emailed Big's directly to express my extreme disappoint in this product and concern for the safety of anyone buying these. Heard nothing back yet.

Reviewing the tape, we lit 1/2 a case throughout the day. 8 broke on the ground, one of them being in the middle of my neighbor's party. 2 lifted about 1 inch, then cut out and came back to rest. The first one the shooter was lucky enough that the stars went around him. The second one, he turned to run as soon as he saw it wasn't going to lift. All out sprint, but you cannot outrun combustibles. Star right between the shoulder blades.

We discontinued use immediately. An item like this can tarnish, if not completely ruin the reputation of a well respected retailer.
I think I'll drop them a note also.

CityBlaster
July 10th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Feng Kuang by Bigs. The 2 i bought blew out the sides. 8o. Although i did like their KA 25. :party:

Hulkmode8
July 10th, 2008, 06:41 AM
The only thing i can say i was slightly disappointed with was Bigs LORD OF THE RINGS, breaks were not very large, and the price was pretty high for wholesale I did not think it was worth the money.

Moto_340
July 10th, 2008, 07:19 AM
500g- World Class too hot to handle really weak..

fountain-brothers purplicious where was the purple??

yeah too hot to handle realy dissapointed me it was the front in my finaly and I didn't even notice it. It looked awesome in the video.

maxbear
July 10th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Knockout Broacade.Guess i should have took everone's opinion on this one.But i'm a bit hard headed.Even the people at my party told me not to get that one anymore.Of course I shot this one wright after Mission.
Next year its all Golden Bear for Noab unless something new comes up that is a must have.

lifethrower88
July 10th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Feng Kuang by Bigs. The 2 i bought blew out the sides. 8o. Although i did like their KA 25. :party:

I was disapointed with Feng Kuang as well. I didn't realized it while it was shooting but upon closer inspection after my shoot one of the tubes had a blow out and ripped the whole side of paper off:eek:. I'm really lucky that this didn't get ugly and no one was hurt. In the future I think I'll stick with WC Crazy Exciting/

Rikerz
July 10th, 2008, 08:24 AM

Really, Feng Kuang was awesome in my observation. We shot a case with no problems at all, in fact it was one of the crowd's favorite this year...

countryboy7978
July 10th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I did not have a single item that disappointed me. Even the novelties I got this year were great. Those tanks in my pic were the best ever. They moved a long distance, shot sparks for longer time, and even had a stronger report more like a ladyfinger than a snap pop. I bought some of those new snakes and they were pretty cool too. Everything kicked butt. Especially the cakes and shells. WOW!!!!

boehemian
July 10th, 2008, 10:04 AM
While it's often hard for to pick out the real duds from cake to cake, I would have to say my biggest dissapointment came from synchronous' street fighter, my friend bragged it up big time and sold me a case 56 shot each little breaks, low lift, and nothing like I would have expected from a cake offering so much as far shooting pattern variation. Does anybody know what happened to Bull brand fireworks this year? They were some of my favorites to get a hold of, same thing with Peacock brand and I could find nothing.

cexshun
July 10th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Strange, I also had issues with Feng Quang. I had a half case and 2 of them blew out the sides. I didn't want to mention it because I love Big's and don't want it to seem like I'm piling on them here, but since it's been mentioned twice, I may as well 3rd it.

jokerman
July 10th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Dark Science was somewhat dissappointing. It was interesting but not quite as cool as I had hoped. I still applaud the company for developing a unique item.

lifethrower88
July 10th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Strange, I also had issues with Feng Quang. I had a half case and 2 of them blew out the sides. I didn't want to mention it because I love Big's and don't want it to seem like I'm piling on them here, but since it's been mentioned twice, I may as well 3rd it.

I hope my post didn't come across as piling on Big's because they have always been good people to deal with. I just wanted to give others a heads up that they could possible have a tube blow out if they shoot one of these. Hopefully this will keep everyone aware and safe if it happens to anyone else on here.

Randall
July 11th, 2008, 05:40 AM
I don't think pointing out problems is bashing. Most problems are found by the end-user when it comes to fireworks.
Eric always asks to know about less than desirable things as well as the good things. I always shoot out a quick note when I notice something. One small thing was that the Lightning I bought had no labels of any kind on the cakes.
Most dealers that understand that people who buy their product are their meal ticket want feedback.

CLASSB2001
July 11th, 2008, 01:07 PM
This post goes to show you that people like diff things.I thought Quake was a great item and my buddy thought it was just ok.I liked dark science and my bud thought it was great. All in all I was happy with everthing.I remember 30 years ago when garden in spring was a WOW item. Out of the 50 500g and 140 200-300g cakes we fired we did not have one defective cake....That is great quality compared to the days of yester...anyway my 2cents.

ar180b
July 11th, 2008, 03:43 PM
The only one that didn't live up to expectations, I can't really say it fully disappointed me however, was Heavens on Fire. The colors just didn't seem as vibrant as they were on video. The break sizes and pace were on par with my expectations though. I still like the cake overall and would probably buy it again but would probably relegate it to a filler role.

St1dinoh
July 11th, 2008, 04:22 PM
this thread is hilarious

makes me feel like Nostra-f***ing-damus.

oh and in case a "certian someone" is reading this...this is exactly what i meant with that sushi comment a few months ago.

anyway back to the topic...

i had a cake from legends this year called road to the 4thof july that was a hair slower than the demo vids. still a killer cake but not as quick as i wanted. i was warned that it might come in slow but we had our fingers crossed. oh well, as i said i still loved the cake, it just would have been a lot cooler moving a bit quicker.

jonkelley82
July 11th, 2008, 07:12 PM

I also had a blowout issue this year... But the way I had them set up, I wasn't sure is it was the Feng Kuangs or the Magic Carpets. One or the other caused the adjacent cake to blowout as they both were in peices by morning.

That's a shame too, it may not be as nice as crazy exciting, but it's a nice cost friendly alternitive to have as an option. I hope the get the bugs worked out and keep this cake around, at about the same price.
Crazy Exciting may be $100+ a case in 2009 8o

k1ley4evr
July 11th, 2008, 07:24 PM
2 out of how many products? nostradamus on crack maybe

this thread is hilarious

makes me feel like Nostra-f***ing-damus.

oh and in case a "certian someone" is reading this...this is exactly what i meant with that sushi comment a few months ago.

anyway back to the topic...

i had a cake from legends this year called road to the 4thof july that was a hair slower than the demo vids. still a killer cake but not as quick as i wanted. i was warned that it might come in slow but we had our fingers crossed. oh well, as i said i still loved the cake, it just would have been a lot cooler moving a bit quicker.

mrk874
July 11th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I'll have to second the Dark Science comment. Maybe it was the hype, or the video I saw on youtube, but I got one retail and it was the biggest disappointment. It looked way cooler sitting on my shelf than it did lit up. The sound wasn't what I expected from the video and the sparks seemed very contained and a bit lame. Crackling Dragon beat it hands down.

smitzter
July 11th, 2008, 08:56 PM

I thought the #300 Reaper shells had beautiful breaks. Of course, that was the first time I had shot anything besides a canister shell. It was kinda nice just to see a "round break".

Quake was a dissapointment for me I realized that @ the Big's demo when I saw it for the first time live. I thought Smokin' Aces way out performed it @ less cost.

St1dinoh
July 12th, 2008, 01:18 PM
2 out of how many products? nostradamus on crack maybe

lol, who taught you how to count?

try starting at page one, there was at least 5 or 6 different ones mentioned by quite a few posters.

then again, why are you even getting involved in this?

i'm not just talking about the dangerous product, i'm talking about all the stuff that underperformed.

meh, i'm just having fun pointing out the fact that i called it.

lol, euro cakes.

k1ley4evr
July 12th, 2008, 01:25 PM
then again, why are you even getting involved in this?

perhaps this is a open forum?

St1dinoh
July 12th, 2008, 01:32 PM
perhaps this is a open forum?

i counted 14 separate posts just searching the one word, thats without even knowing the full product line, i'm sure theres more.

thats only 2 and 1/2 pages and there's that many people complaining?

perhaps you should exercise your rights to an open forum in a wiser manner.

you think it's a good thing that so much different product came in noticeably weaker than the demos?

come on now, i know you a little better than that.

EDIT: just to keep things civil...if you want to keep the convo going PM me, i'm satisfied...

all i wanted to do was answer the sushi question, which i did. was trying to keep it a little less obvious.

in efforts to keep things clean just drop it.

k1ley4evr
July 12th, 2008, 01:37 PM
i counted 14 separate posts just searching the one word, thats without even knowing the full product line, i'm sure theres more.

thats only 2 and 1/2 pages and there's that many people complaining?

perhaps you should exercise your rights to an open forum in a wiser manner.

you think it's a good thing that so much different product came in noticeably weaker than the demos?

come on now, i know you a little better than that.

most of the post that i have read were only of the same few products, no its not a good thing that some stuff came in weaker. But shit happens (I.E Legends the last few years)

Jakee
July 12th, 2008, 04:06 PM
hmm.. canada disappointed me ! :lol:

Shark19
July 13th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I bought a NOAB Showstopper by Brothers. I was disappointed when the third shell didn't break after firing and then the final shell just didn't launch. I also was not that impressed with the New York Harbor Fountain after hearing alot aobut it. Anyways, I'm glad I found Pyro U even if it was after most of my purchases. Looking forward to an exciting (wholesale) 2009.

independence
July 15th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I was very impressed with everything we shot with one exception: United Pyro's 300-shot Saturn Missile Battery. Mostly because they are much slower than what I've seen from other brands. Each battery clocked in at just over two minutes.

Rikerz
July 15th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I was very impressed with everything we shot with one exception: United Pyro's 300-shot Saturn Missile Battery. Mostly because they are much slower than what I've seen from other brands. Each battery clocked in at just over two minutes.

2 minutes, folks would have been throwing stones at me..:P

independence
July 15th, 2008, 10:18 AM
2 minutes, folks would have been throwing stones at me..:P

Heck, I was throwing stones at myself! Problem was we had already mapped out our show. In the end we removed them from the "show" put it as part of the warm up (with other fountains) before our real show started. Lucky for us we had 5 to shoot at once, but still. :brick:

FLARELIGHTER
July 15th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Lion Dancing fountain by Shogun I think. This is a very heavy fountain and I thought it would last longer than what it did. It might have lasted 35 seconds.

PYRO IN NOR CA.
July 15th, 2008, 11:51 AM
ok this has to be the worst 500 gram cake i ever shot:mad:. megabangers demon detonator its breaks are small and low:eek:. never again will i buy a cake because of its wrapper:brick:.

weekend
July 15th, 2008, 02:15 PM
My 1.4 bummers this year were:

Pharaoh's treasure from TNT.

Purple Rain from TNT

Battle tanks from Phantom

yea all S&S stuff.

my 1.3 shows were great, the product all went off. No issues.

mulligans
July 15th, 2008, 04:18 PM
century assortment by glorious. these are some disappointing little cakes compared to some of the smaller wc cakes. i really hated jungle cat after hearing good things about it. what a piece of crap.slow,boring and hardly any colors. maybee its just me but i hope the ones in the individual cases perform better. new aquarians didnt perform like last years either. on the other hand red sky was amazing. quake didnt quite live up to the hype but was good.

shortfusejay
July 15th, 2008, 05:41 PM
century assortment by glorious. these are some disappointing little cakes compared to some of the smaller wc cakes. i really hated jungle cat after hearing good things about it. what a piece of crap.slow,boring and hardly any colors. maybee its just me but i hope the ones in the individual cases perform better. new aquarians didnt perform like last years either. on the other hand red sky was amazing. quake didnt quite live up to the hype but was good.

Stay away form the assorted cases guy. Jungle Cat is ione of my favorite cakes on the market but I won't shoot them in volleys of less than 4 because any 25 shot cake with a 1 at a time pace with no quickened finale always lasts longer than it's welcome in my book.

conguero
August 9th, 2008, 11:51 PM
i was very underwhelmed with the Mad Hornet #100 and #400 tubes that i had set up for the end of my finale. i had them timed perfectly to slightly overlap the mortar shells but you could barely tell the difference between them and shells i loaded the rack with. they were so weak that one of the guys that helped with the setup yelled HANG ON, HANG ON, HANG ON!!!! THATS NOT IT!!!!!!!
they were fused to the end of the rack with super fast burning visco and he had not been present during fuse testing so it was an easy mistake to make. but DANG IT!! what an anti climax!! he even suckered me into thinking there was still fuse burning cause i saw some kind of reflection on one of the tubes. i thought maybe some slow burn jumped a splice and got re-ignited or some xtra slow burn got mixed in somewhere.