PDA

View Full Version : DC Ban Fizzles

Jack Leonard
June 4th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Friends,

The proposal to ban the sale and use of fountains and sparklers in Washington went down in flames yesterday. Those wanting to ban could muster only 2 votes while the folks wanting to light a few sparklers on the Fourth cast 11 votes.

Yesterday the online poll run by the DCist, the one in which you voted, was mentioned as evidence that the ban was not popular. You helped to win this fight. I thank you all and the folks at TNT who led the fight.

Jack::)

nos
June 4th, 2008, 12:13 PM
TNT, my heroes! Sparklers, cones and fountains for life, whooyah!

St1dinoh
June 4th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Friends,

The proposal to ban the sale and use of fountains and sparklers in Washington went down in flames yesterday. Those wanting to ban could muster only 2 votes while the folks wanting to light a few sparklers on the Fourth cast 11 votes.

Yesterday the online poll run by the DCist, the one in which you voted, was mentioned as evidence that the ban was not popular. You helped to win this fight. I thank you all and the folks at TNT who led the fight.

Jack::)

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

thank you internets for the cookie deletion option.

if the major elections can have dead people casting votes i don't feel bad for nudging the vote in the favor of common sense. especially when it's regaurding something i love.

anytime anyone sees a poll related to fireworks i think we all should do our part to at least vote 10 or so times. i know i dropped about 75-100 votes on that DCist page, and i know others did the same.

the power of pyro u is majorly underestimated.

leeca
June 4th, 2008, 05:49 PM
St1 I tossed a whole bunch of those votes myself but I did not want to post about it in case a smart webmaster looked those cookies over real good to see they were coming from a few people voting over and over. Now that this has past it's ok to speak about it. I’m sure when you first started stuffing the ballot that the counts were going up in pairs, least that what I saw so I knew someone else was doing what I was at the time. :)

St1dinoh
June 4th, 2008, 05:55 PM
St1 I tossed a whole bunch of those votes myself but I did not want to post about it in case a smart webmaster looked those cookies over real good to see they were coming from a few people voting over and over. Now that this has past it's ok to speak about it. Iím sure when you first started stuffing the ballot that the counts were going up in pairs, least that what I saw so I knew someone else was doing what I was at the time. :)

yeah thats what i was seeing. it was probably you and i tag teaming the ballot box.

inthe future i think it's a good idea to encourage people to do this, but we'd have to ensure that we aren't hitting the direct link from pyro u. possibly just copy paste the link into notepad, and keep dropping it into your browser via a google homepage.

depending on the hit tracking the ip's shouldn't matter...the simple BS blog polls don't track anything more than the cookie, and i believe it's just stored localy on your PC not in the poll itself. some of them are more elaborate, some (like this one) are very simplistic. anytime i see a corruptable one i'm dumping at least 100 votes into it. i hope everyone does the same.

RPS
June 4th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Nice to see that all fireworks news isn't bad news!

jknepp1954
June 4th, 2008, 06:58 PM
yippee - lets party! :party: :party: :party: :party:
Thanks Jack, TNT, and all who had a part in the survey!
Joyce

Tennespeedy
June 4th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Free case of TNT fountains for St1 !!!

leeca
June 4th, 2008, 07:55 PM
http://hometown.aol.com/leeca98/Moapa/waynesworld.jpeg
Delirium's

Pyro Nut
June 4th, 2008, 07:56 PM
yeah thats what i was seeing. it was probably you and i tag teaming the ballot box.

inthe future i think it's a good idea to encourage people to do this, but we'd have to ensure that we aren't hitting the direct link from pyro u. possibly just copy paste the link into notepad, and keep dropping it into your browser via a google homepage.

depending on the hit tracking the ip's shouldn't matter...the simple BS blog polls don't track anything more than the cookie, and i believe it's just stored localy on your PC not in the poll itself. some of them are more elaborate, some (like this one) are very simplistic. anytime i see a corruptable one i'm dumping at least 100 votes into it. i hope everyone does the same.

:party::party::party::party:
I threw my 20+ votes in the pool.
Only stopped because the fingers started to hurt...

PyroZ
June 4th, 2008, 10:14 PM
That's awesome news Jack!! :party: It restores my faith that there still are a good number of people out there who love fireworks.

Now let's all go light some fountains!! Maybe a California candle too! :lol:

Richard
June 5th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Amen to all the above.

HeLLy
June 5th, 2008, 02:23 PM
:party:

Firecracker-Jim
June 5th, 2008, 03:36 PM
http://hometown.aol.com/leeca98/Moapa/waynesworld.jpeg
Delirium's

HELL YEA!!!!! WAYNES WORLD BABY!!:D